Experienced React Engineer (Toronto)
We work hard to promote a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange. We make sure our employees have opportunities to grow within the company and participate in daily decision-making processes. We are leaders in the community and are frequently invited to speak at key conferences.
As one of our first engineers in the Toronto area, you will regularly collaborate with client teams to provide project leadership, mentorship, and technical expertise. You will work remotely with Formidable engineers implementing new applications, features, and tools for companies ranging in size from startups to Fortune 100s. When you’re not working on client projects, you’ll have a chance to contribute to our community-leading open source software.
Do you love building responsive user interfaces using the latest React APIs and GraphQL with standards-compliant, accessible markup and modern CSS syntax? Are you comfortable building system architecture and writing discoverable, consistent APIs? Do you take pride in writing comprehensive unit and integration test suites? Are you a patient and effective communicator?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions and want to join a collaborative community that supports diversity and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
This role is a Formidable full-time position via our Canadian partner organization. It will be a remote work-from-home role to start. The intent is to repeat our Denver and Phoenix successes in Toronto in 2019, by building a team and setting up a centrally located permanent office.
- Drive to both learn from and mentor others.
- Extensive domain knowledge and experience working with React core APIs and common libraries like Redux.
- Understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, etc.
- Experience with code reviews and code collaboration in teams using Git.
- Familiarity with web accessibility/a11y.
- Familiarity with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Familiarity with frontend build tooling (Webpack/Parcel, Babel, NPM/Yarn).
- Experience leading teams & mentoring other developers.
- Experience with JS type systems like Flow or Typescript, or typed languages.
- Experience with modern React APIs including context and hooks.
- Experience writing and integrating with GraphQL services.
- Experience with React Native or native mobile development.
- Node.js frameworks like Express and Hapi.
- Databases layers like AWS DynamoDB and PostgreSQL.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- You contribute to open-source software.
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in Canada. We are not offering Canada working visa sponsorships at this time. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.