Business Development Manager - London Office
As Business Development Manager at Formidable UK, you will interface with some of the largest and most successful companies in the world. You will work closely with client teams, providing leadership to create and maintain sustainable client relationships, and help us discover new opportunities inside and outside of our client base
We are offering a position in our boutique company, made up of a tight-knit team of experts who genuinely enjoy working together. We believe working hard and smart goes hand-in-hand with a flexible and remote-friendly work schedule. At Formidable, we aspire to have clients and projects that cultivate a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange between us and our clients. So, you can expect to stay on top of industry trends and tools, and to constantly cultivate your skill set as a part of our team.
Based in our London office, you will be the first member of the client management team in the UK and will report directly into our VP, Business Development in Seattle.
About the role
Our London team and client base is growing and you will play a key role in building and fostering relationships with current clients as well as sourcing new ones.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and key personnel within client companies
- Research, identify and qualify incoming, emerging, and new leads
- Manage the legal and contract process from review to signature
- Manage client relationships and help set expectations
- Represent Formidable at conferences and meetups
- Mitigate project and client risks through standard meetings and communication channels
- Expertly represent Formidable's value and capabilities in the context of client challenges
- Guide proposal development from defining approach and strategy, to crafting materials, including capability presentations, proposals, case studies
- Identify emerging trends and client needs and work with engineering, marketing, and Formidable leadership to inform new offerings, differentiated value propositions, and processes
- Maintain our CRM system and business development resources
- Conduct reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with Formidable services in combination with our Marketing team.
- Achieve revenue and profit targets
You have previously worked within the software engineering sector and enjoying collaborating with technical people. You are technologically savvy, and can speak credibly to a broad range of stakeholders from engineering managers to executives. You also know what you don’t know, and collaborate with our friendly engineering specialists to achieve your goals.
- 4+ years of experience in an engagement manager, business development, account management, or PM role, ideally in an engineering or management consulting firm
- Ideally a bachelor or master’s level degree in engineering, business, or other related area of study
- Demonstrable experience in strategic account management, business development and relationship building
- A proven track record of developing and closing new business
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge of design, engineering, and innovation and the ability to speak the language of the discipline
- Exemplary project management skills
- Eagerness to learn our business and contribute to our culture and growth
And it’d be great if you have:
- Successfully marketed and / or shipped software products
- A working knowledge of the technologies we use and the ability to explain these to non-engineering folk
- A solid black book of contacts in the UK / EU that will help boost our network and reach
The best ideas are born from a workplace that's inclusive and diverse, from race to gender to ability and so on. When people from varied backgrounds, experiences, and thought processes come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard. Please, come as you are and be yourself.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom. We are not offering UK/EU working visa sponsorship at this time.