Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, US Remote
We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join the Formidable as a remote employee. You will help clients build cloud platforms at-scale, assisting in every part of the process, from concept to production. The cloud landscape is continuously evolving, with new tools and services being released daily. You know how to distinguish hype from reality and are comfortable making recommendations that best suit our clients’ needs.
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and frequently speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to continually cultivate your skill set by staying atop of industry trends and tools.
This role is a Formidable full-time position. It will be a remote, work-from-home role.
If you’re interested in joining a collaborative community that supports employees and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
- An interest in working in a client service role – advocating for the positive long-term impacts of code health and smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines
- Confidence in picking the right tool for the job (Kubernetes / Docker / Lambda)
- Understanding of high availability, monitoring, and reporting, incorporating them into each project from the very beginning
- Able to recommend and design CI/CD solutions
- Comfortable communicating architectural concepts to clients and team members alike
- Dedication to diversity and inclusivity in the industry
- Patience and drive to both learn from and mentor others
- Architecting and building cloud solutions on AWS / Azure / GCP
- Building scalable production systems from start to finish; beginning by identifying business needs and taking the project through to its launch
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Kubernetes / Lambda / Containerization
- Terraform and infrastructure as code best practices
- Version control for code collaboration on teams
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in cloud infrastructure
- Experience leading teams
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with React
- Open Source contributor
What We Offer Our Remote Employees
- 3 weeks of PTO annually and unlimited sick time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible work schedules
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- ...And much more to support your life, both during and outside of work!
States Formidable Can Actively Hire:
- - Arizona
- - Colorado
- - Georgia
- - Louisiana
- - Maryland
- - Michigan (Aug 1, 2020)
- - Nebraska
- - Oregon
- - Texas
- - Washington state
- - Wisconsin
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US. No visa sponsorships are currently provided.