Technical Project Manager
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and frequently speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to continually cultivate your skillset by staying atop of industry trends and tools.
This is a full-time position. In light of COVID-19, this will be a work-from-home role until further notice. We do operate a physical office located in the Fremont area in Seattle that you may work from once we are able to safely return to in-person working. (Sorry, no relocation assistance is available.)
If you’re interested in joining a collaborative community that supports employees and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
- This newly created opening for a Technical PM is, at its core, a role to manage engineering projects and collaborative projects for our clients across multiple services and product lines.
- Own the success of managing React and Cloud based engineering projects; driving the planning and execution of releases from concept to release
- Lead a small delivery team of PMs and Engineers to deliver throughout all the release phases
- Be the process-owner of anything that touches engineering and the client
- Ensure PM/Eng interactions happen on backlog grooming, release planning, and communication of status
- Work with the engineering team to identify and remove roadblocks early in the planning phase.
- Surface any issues that block or hinder progress
- Ensure release tasks beyond engineering, are on track
- Oversee documentation, localization, etc. as warranted by the client
- Manage extensive release runbook, service rollout/upgrades, and all deliverables
- Align engineering and client teams to ensure that dependencies on other stakeholders and teams are tracked and are on track
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, Electrical Engineering, or related field using Agile methodologies
- 3+ years of experience running software engineering and project/program development management.
- Practical experience running React or AWS projects
- Experience in software development and project/program management fundamentals (software development life cycle and quality processes, such as scoping, costs, schedules, deliverables, change and risk management, and mitigation
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Exceptional skills influencing, teaming, and getting things done in a highly complex and nebulous environment.
- Ability to conceive and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment and drive change across internal and client engineering groups.
- Ability to work on resolving issues quickly on the spot and following up with a plan that takes the long view
States Formidable can actively hire in:
- Washington state
What we offer our remote employees:
- 3 weeks of PTO annually and unlimited sick time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible work schedules
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- ...And much more to support your life, both during and outside of work!
Open Pay Concept:
- One of Formidable's key principles is transparency. We know that transparency encourages trust---and trust is the foundation of great teamwork. For that reason, we put transparency first when it comes to salary info. We have implemented the concept of “Open Salaries" in which we pay everyone at each level, the same. Our open pay concept eliminates salary inequities and removes pay gaps. Our goal is to remove employees' worry about what their colleagues are making and provide a clear financial trajectory to aspire to.
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US. No visa sponsorships are currently provided.