Senior Backend Engineer, Atlanta
Atlanta, GA /
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and frequently speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to continually cultivate your skill set by staying atop of industry trends and tools.
This is a full-time position in the Atlanta area, where you'll join another of our engineers already working there. In light of COVID-19, this will be a work-from-home role initially. Our goal is to follow in the steps of our other locations—like Denver and Phoenix—by first hiring remote engineers and then having a physical office. (Sorry, no relocation assistance is available.)
If you’re interested in joining a collaborative community that supports employees and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
- An interest in working in a client service role – advocating for the positive long-term impacts of code health and smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines
- An understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, and modern best practices
- The ability to communicate the benefits of technical solutions to non-technical project stakeholders effectively
- Patience and drive to both learn from and mentor others
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in Node
- Git, especially with teams
- Building production systems that scale
- REST APIs and frameworks like Express
- GraphQL APIs and frameworks like Apollo Server
- Persistence layers like DynamoDB or PostgreSQL
- Setting up monitoring and alerting (NewRelic, CloudWatch)
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with React and the surrounding Open Source ecosystem
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Familiarity with Kubernetes / Lambda / Containerization
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Open Source contributor
What We Offer Our Employees
- 5 weeks of PTO annually
- Unlimited sick time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- Flexible work schedules
- A Home Office Stipend so you can buy a desk, monitor, and more
- A MacBook Pro, or equivalent Windows or Linux laptop
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- ...and much more to support your life, both at work and outside of work!
Simple and Fair Salaries
- We employ a simple and fair salary system that pays everyone the same salary for the same work. This Open Pay system is competitive in a fast-growing market and provides transparency to what is typically an opaque and unbalanced negotiation.
- In Atlanta, you'll be paid the same as our engineers at our Denver and Phoenix locations, as well as all of our remote engineers across the US.
- This role, Senior Engineer, encompasses multiple different levels: Senior Software Engineer I, Senior Software Engineer II, and Tech Lead. The annual salaries for these levels is $135,000 to $159,000.
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time.