Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join the Formidable Toronto office. You will help clients build cloud platforms at-scale, assisting in every part of the process, from concept to production. The cloud landscape is continuously evolving, with new tools and services being released daily. You know how to distinguish hype from reality and are comfortable making recommendations that best suit our clients’ needs.
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and frequently speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to continually cultivate your skill set by staying atop of industry trends and tools.
This role is a Formidable full-time position in Toronto, Canada. It will be a remote work-from-home role to start. The intent is to repeat our Denver and Phoenix successes in Toronto by building a team and setting up a centrally located permanent office. The position is open to residents of Toronto, ON. Sorry, no relocation assistance is available.
If you’re interested in joining a collaborative community that supports employees and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
- An interest in working in a client service role – advocating for the positive long-term impacts of code health and smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines
- Confidence in picking the right tool for the job (Kubernetes / Docker / Lambda)
- Understanding of high availability, monitoring, and reporting, incorporating them into each project from the very beginning
- Able to recommend and design CI/CD solutions
- Comfortable communicating architectural concepts to clients and team members alike
- Dedication to diversity and inclusivity in the industry
- Patience and drive to both learn from and mentor others
- Architecting and building cloud solutions on AWS / Azure / GCP
- Building scalable production systems from start to finish; beginning by identifying business needs and taking the project through to its launch
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Kubernetes / Lambda / Containerization
- Terraform and infrastructure as code best practices
- Version control for code collaboration on teams
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in cloud infrastructure
- Experience leading teams
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with React
- Open Source contributor
What We Offer Our Toronto Employees
- 3 weeks of PTO annually and unlimited sick time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible work schedules
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- ...And much more to support your life, both during and outside of work!
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in Canada. We are not offering Canadian working visa sponsorship at this time.
Come As You Are The best ideas are born from a workplace that’s inclusive and diverse, from race to gender to ability. When people from varied backgrounds, experiences, and thought processes come together, the greatest outcomes are born. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard. Please, come as you are and be yourself.