Frontend Engineer, US Remote
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and frequently speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to continually cultivate your skill set by staying atop of industry trends and tools.
This role is a Formidable full-time position for residents of the United States. It will be a remote work-from-home role. Sorry, no relocation assistance is available.
In light of COVID-19, Formidable will continue to recommend that all employees continue to work remotely whenever possible. Currently, Formidable has no plans to require anyone to be physically present in a Formidable or client office.
If you’re interested in joining a collaborative community that supports employees and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
- An interest in working in a client service role – advocating for the positive long-term impacts of code health and smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines
- Understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, and modern best practices
- The ability to communicate the benefits of technical solutions to non-technical project stakeholders effectively
- Patience and drive to both learn from and mentor others
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of professional experience in React
- Deep knowledge of React and the surrounding open source ecosystem
- Semantic HTML
- Version control for code collaboration on teams
- Front-end build tooling (Webpack/Parcel, Babel, NPM/Yarn)
- Front-end testing libraries and methods (Jest/Enzyme/react-testing-library)
- Web accessibility/a11y
- Mentorship experience
- Experience leading teams
- Familiarity with Node.js frameworks like Express
- Familiarity with Persistence layers like MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Experience writing GraphQL resolvers and queries
- Open Source contributor
What We Offer Our Employees
- 3 weeks of PTO annually and unlimited sick time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible work schedules
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- ...And much more to support your life, both during and outside of work!
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US. We are not offering visa sponsorship at this time.