At Formidable, we work hard to cultivate a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange. We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within the company and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and are frequently invited to speak at key conferences.
Are you comfortable building system architecture and writing discoverable, consistent APIs? Do you take pride in writing comprehensive unit and integration test suites for both the frontend and backend? Are you the go-to person on your team for technical advice? Are you a patient and effective communicator, sharing your knowledge and challenging colleagues to get out of their comfort zone?
If answered “yes” to most of these questions and want to join a collaborative community that supports diversity and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you.
The title of this job posting is "Full-Stack", but if you are leaning more heavily toward either front-end or back-end development, you should still apply!
Software Engineers at Formidable implement new applications, features, and tools for companies ranging in size from startups to Fortune 100s. You will regularly collaborate with client teams to provide project leadership, mentorship, and technical expertise. When you’re not working on client projects, you’ll have a chance to contribute to our community-leading open-source software.
- 5+ years of experience as a professional software developer.
- Familiarity with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Extensive domain knowledge and experience working with React core APIs, including context and hooks.
- Experience writing and integrating with GraphQL services.
- Node.js frameworks like Express and Hapi.
- Mentorship experience.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Experience with code reviews and code collaboration in teams using Git.
- Familiarity with frontend build tooling (Webpack/Parcel, Babel, NPM/Yarn).
- Experience leading teams.
- Persistence layers like AWS DynamoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Proficiency in frontend markup and styling with CSS and CSS-in-JS libraries like emotion.
- Experience building scalable systems on cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with React Native, or native mobile development.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- You contribute to open-source software.
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. We are not offering US working visa sponsorships at this time. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.