Mobile App Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Mobile App Engineer to join the Formidable team on location in Seattle, Washington. You will build React Native apps that are good-looking, usable, performant, fun to work on, and easy to maintain.
Responsibilities Will Include:
• Contribute to every aspect of building and deploying a modern React Native application.
• Be a company expert in native mobile development, and recommend technologies & services you think we should be using.
• Work closely with customers on project definition and iteration of deliverables.
• Be the technical lead for a team of Formidables on a client project, often embedded with client engineers.
• Mentor & level up Formidables with web & mobile web development experience into native mobile development using RN.
• Own code quality and architecture of an entire project.
• Vast domain knowledge in native mobile development including modern frameworks, libraries, UX patterns, and best practices.
• Understanding of the mobile deployment process, including the ability to build, sign, and submit IPAs for the App Store and APKs for Google Play.
• Experience using and enabling system and hardware-level features like geolocation, push notifications, camera, and audio.
• Strong instincts for design patterns, architecture, and code style.
• 5+ years' professional experience, where you have:
▾ Worked across the entire software lifecycle, from design to deployment to maintenance.
▾ Shipped several native mobile apps.
▾ Set up automated CI/CD workflows.
▾ Led technical teams.
• Bonus experience:
▾ Worked at an agency or done consulting.
▾ Managed clients, project scope, and tight deadlines.
• A quick phone call to answer any of your questions and give you more information about us.
• A small homework assignment in place of any whiteboard exercises.
• Two remote pairing exercises where you and a Formidable will solve a React problem and a Native Mobile problem together.
• An onsite interview focused on getting to know more about you and how you like to work.
Who We Are:
Formidable is a privately held, bootstrapped firm based in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, WA. Developing complete apps, embedding experts in client teams, or conducting technology-specific training – we tailor our offerings to our customers’ needs, be they startups or Fortune 500s. We push the modern web forward by contributing to the open-source software we use, being early adopters of new technologies, and always learning and teaching.
Formidable is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
This position is in Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance may be available for exceptional candidates.