Sr. Mobile Engineer
Responsibilities May Include:
• Contribute to every aspect of building and deploying a modern React Native applications
• Lead an embedded team of Formidables on a client project
• Work with customers on project definition and iterations of deliverables
• Own overall code quality of an entire project, not just your own PRs
• Manage and own a client relationship within one of our contracts
• Be the company expert in technologies you think we should be using
• Level up members of your team
• Understanding of the mobile deployment process, including the ability to build, sign, and submit IPAs for the App Store and APKs for Google Play
• Experience using and enabling system and hardware-level features like geolocation, push notifications, camera, and audio
• Strong instincts for design patterns, architecture, and code style
• 5+ years' experience, including:
▾ Experience leading teams
▾ Experience working across the entire software lifecycle, from design to deployment to maintenance
• Quick phone call to answer any of your questions and give you more information about us
• A small homework assignment in place of any whiteboard exercises
• A remote pairing exercise where you and a Formidable will try and solve a short problem together
• An onsite/online interview focused on getting to know more about you and how you like to work
Who We Are:
Formidable is a privately-held, bootstrapped firm based in Fremont, WA. Developing complete web apps, embedding experts in clients’ teams, leading technology-specific training—we tailor our offerings to our customers’ needs, be they startups or Fortune 500s. We’re pushing the bleeding edge of the modern web by advancing the open-source software we use, teaching and learning new technologies, and pursuing opportunities and growth.
Formidable is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
This position is in Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.