Account Director, EMEA
Client Management /
Formidable is a global group of Product Design and Development consultants collaborating to create brilliant web, mobile, and cloud solutions for our clients using the latest technologies. We partner with a diverse portfolio of clients, from Fortune 100 organisations to early-stage startups, working with them to solve interesting challenges, enhance, and future-proof their engineering.
How do we work? Our consultants act as an extension of our customer’s team. We embed ourselves in the client environment, and adapt to their requirements and challenges, so they can develop a truly impactful and innovative solution.
We take a lot of pride in both the work we do and how we do it. We love trying new approaches, challenging the norm, and striving to be at our best. Cross collaboration comes naturally to both our team and the community we work within. Our mission is to enable each other’s growth, and share and elevate ideas. Our people are more than the sum of their parts!
You’ll get an unusual amount of autonomy at Formidable. You’re here because you’re brilliant; we trust you to do your role in a way that works for you. Our high-trust culture is one of the things that makes us so successful, so you do you and we’ll be over here, listening and providing support when needed.
As the Account Director, EMEA at Formidable UK, you will interface with some of the largest and most successful brand name companies in the UK and EU to drive revenue. You will work closely with client teams, providing leadership to generate and maintain sustainable business and client relationships, and help us discover new opportunities inside and outside of our client base.
This is an opportunity to make your mark and partner with our Leadership Team to expand our client base within the UK and EU and continue to grow the business. We believe working hard and smart goes hand-in-hand with a flexible and remote-friendly work schedule. At Formidable, we aspire to have clients and projects that cultivate a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange between us and our clients. So, you can expect to stay on top of industry trends and tools, and to constantly cultivate your skill set as a part of our team.
Based in our London office, you will manage our small sales team in the EU and will report directly into our VP, Business Development in Seattle.
About the role:
- As Formidable’s Account Director, EMEA, your core responsibility is driving revenue growth through a positive, high touch customer experience, ensuring healthy and sustainable margins and profitability. You will be responsible for developing, managing, and closing business, while growing and developing our sales team. Your focus will be on driving net new growth and assuming duties in a sales and performance-driven culture.
- You will:
- Provide expert knowledge of the full sales cycle, from prospecting, cold calling through to negotiation and closing.
- Identify key resources and instill a quality, integrity-based sales process with respect to rep/customer interactions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and key personnel within client companies
- Research, identify and qualify incoming, emerging, and new leads
- Manage the legal and contract process from review to signature
- Manage client relationships and help set expectations
- Represent Formidable at conferences and meetups
- Mitigate project and client risks through standard meetings and communication channels
- Expertly represent Formidable's value and capabilities in the context of client challenges
- Guide proposal development from defining approach and strategy, to crafting materials, including capability presentations, proposals, case studies
- Identify emerging trends and client needs and work with engineering, marketing, and Formidable leadership to inform new offerings, differentiated value propositions, and processes
- Maintain our CRM system and business development resources in a timely manner
- Conduct reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with Formidable services in combination with our Marketing team
- Achieve revenue, margin, and profit targets
- Travel domestically and internationally to visit prospective and existing clients.
- 7+ years of experience in an engagement manager, business development, or account management role, ideally in an engineering or management consulting firm
- A bachelor or master’s level degree in engineering, business, or other related area of study
- Demonstrable experience in strategic account management, business development and relationship building
- A proven track record of developing and closing new business
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge of design, engineering, and innovation and the ability to speak the language of the discipline
- Exemplary project management skills
- Eagerness to learn our business and contribute to our culture and growth
- Successfully marketed and shipped software products
- A working knowledge of the technologies we use and the ability to explain them to non-engineering folk
- A solid network of contacts in the UK/EU to engage in significant outreach activity
It would be great if you have:
At Formidable, we are a team of experts working together to solve the toughest product problems.
We work hard to cultivate a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange, both within our office and throughout the greater community. In addition to the work we do for clients, our team is well-known for our contributions to the open source community, creating products used by everyone from Airbnb to Zillow.
If you want to join a collaborative community that understands the importance of work-life balance, you’ve come to the right place. We also make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes.
The best ideas are born from a workplace that's inclusive and diverse, from race to gender to ability and so on. When people from varied backgrounds, experiences, and thought processes come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard. Please, come as you are and be yourself.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom or the European Union. We are not offering UK/EU working visa sponsorship at this time.
- Holiday - It is important to us that you take some time for yourself to do the things you love, recharge and refresh so we offer a holiday allowance of 25 days + bank holidays + Christmas closure (usually 4 days).
- Flexible working - We are a fully flexible working company and support people working from home and remotely when travelling - this means you can pretty much work from anywhere and set your own hours. We only ask that you are available for team and client meetings and can dial in from wherever you are if you are working remotely that day.
- Travel cards - London travel can be costly so transport to the office is on us! We will provide you with an annual Oyster card for the zone you live in or a monthly travel allowance if you live outside of London and use public transport to get to the office.
- Pensions - We want you to feel like working at Formidable is contributing to your future, not just your career, so we will match 4% of your employee contribution with 4% to your pension.
- Private medical insurance - We like to do what we can to give our Formidables peace of mind internally and externally so we provide full private MHD [medical history disregarded] cover with AXA PPP, including dental and optician add-ons (this can be extended to spouses and children too and Formidable will pay 75% of their premiums), as well as life cover & critical illness cover.
- Home office stipend - Upon joining Formidable as a permanent employee, you will have access to a stipend of £/€1,750 to help provide a comfortable working space at home.
- Health & wellness bonus - Health and wellness comes in all different forms so to support you in choosing what works, we give you an annual £1,250 bonus to spend on what is right for you.
- Inter-office travel - We like our Formidables to get to know each other properly; what better way than a trip to visit and work with other teams around the globe? We will give you £850 annually to cover your travel and accommodation so you can go and work in one of our other locations and get to know the team better.
- Training & development - You’ll receive unparalleled support from your peers + an all-you-can-eat professional development budget to ensure you can access all that you need to keep growing in your role and levelling up.
- Collaboration & exposure - We work in a collaborative environment that leads to continuous, organic personal development. You’ll also have exposure to a wide variety of customers, from scale-ups to Fortune 100s.
- Giving back - We also love to give back to our community - so if you give to charity and want to set this up through payroll giving, we will match your contributions by up to £1000 a year.
- Feeling peckish? Us too, which is why — pending COVID-19 restrictions allowing the office to re-open — we have catered team lunches twice a week + a fully stocked office of snacks and drinks to keep you going throughout the day.
- Visiting HQ - Formidable was launched in Seattle so once a year we all descend on Formidable HQ for FormidaGathering - it’s quite a week away!
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.