Senior React Engineer
As a React Engineer at Formidable in our Phoenix Office, you will implement new applications, features, and tools for companies ranging in size from startups to Fortune 100s. You will regularly collaborate with client teams to provide project leadership, mentorship, and technical expertise. When you’re not working on client projects, you’ll have a chance to contribute to our community-leading open source software. As a senior engineer and technical leader, you'll contribute your knowledge and experience to projects and internally to Formidable's knowledge collective, as well as work with and mentor colleagues earlier in their career to level them up.
If you're interested in joining a collaborative community that supports employees and understands the importance of maintaining a work-life balance, we would love to talk to you!
• 4+ years of experience as a professional software developer
• Experience working with React core APIs
• Mentorship experience or interest
• Experience with code reviews and code collaboration in teams using Git - you're proud of your thoughtful and constructive code reviews
• Interest in and ability to learn new technologies on-the-job
• Experience with or interest in TypeScript
• Experience with modern frontend build tooling (Webpack/Parcel, Babel, NPM/Yarn)
• Proficiency in frontend markup and styling:
• CSS preprocessors and CSS3
• Frontend templating
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with project stakeholders
• Experience leading teams
• Experience with React Native or native mobile development
• Experience with GraphQL
• Node.js frameworks like Express and Hapi
• Databases like MongoDB and PostgreSQL
• Experience with web accessibility/a11y
• An interest in giving back to the development community
What we offer our Phoenix employees:
- 25 days of PTO annually and unlimited sick time
- Generous parental leave
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision - 99% paid for your premium, and 75% paid for your family members' premiums
- Weekly team lunch and regular team activities
- Flexible work schedules
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- ...And much more to support your life, both during and outside of work!
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. We are not offering USA working visa sponsorship at this time.
Come As You Are The best ideas are born from a workplace that’s inclusive and diverse, from race to gender to ability and so on. When people from varied backgrounds, experiences, and thought processes come together, the greatest outcomes are born. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard. Please, come as you are and be yourself.