Director of Customer Support
Customer Experience – Customer Support /
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work. We are looking for the next Stacker to help us accomplish this mission.
Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada, and the globe. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse team that values relationships as much as results. Come build what matters with Formstack.
Who You Are
• You are a highly driven person, focused on creating the most amazing customer experience possible
• You are a natural leader and have a desire to drive success from others
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Patient, able to build rapport with customers, team members, partners and stakeholders
What You’ll Do
As the Director of Customer Support, you'll ensure teams are delivering a consistent, high-quality customer experience and improving that service experience and interactions. You'll also work in tandem with the SVP of Customer Experience to tackle customer-focused initiatives and review and revise success initiatives towards reducing churn and driving upgrades. Also, you’ll establish metrics and measure/analyze/report on Support, Success, and Customer activity. You’ll resolve team personal issues and customer escalations while providing job improvement coaching, career-pathing, and hiring for Support & Success. Last but not least, you’ll develop new customer experience projects with internal teams (primarily Sales, Product, Dev, & Finance).
How You Will Succeed
- Oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of customer support staff and vendors to ensure a capable workforce
- Develop and implement customer support policies, procedures, and regulations necessary for ensuring a satisfied customer base
- Communicate with customers to identify their need/expectations and make appropriate adjustments to meet those needs
- Follow up with customers to ensure they receive optimal value from purchased products/services
- Handle complex customer issues by analyzing them to come up with solutions effective in addressing customer complaints
- Provide customers with updates and periodic statements on service developments and changes in trends
- Establish communication channels through which customers can send in their feedback or challenges for prompt resolution
- Analyze customer support data and statistics to obtain results useful in taking key business decisions
- Organize programs for customer support staff to update their job knowledge and enhance their skills
- Maintain proper record of all customer support operation and activities for reference purposes
- Assign and designate job territories to customer support staff according to their performance and history
- Conduct surveys to determine the opinion of customers regarding their products/services
- Participate in educational workshops to stay up-to-date on developments in the industry
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Advanced software knowledge and skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated and direct, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Minimum 5 years, experience in managing a global customer care team supporting technology products
- Strong customer service orientation
- Operations experience
- Proven ability to lead a progressive and compassionate customer support group
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- $120,000 - $150,000 + bonus up to 15% of salary
*** This is a remote position ***
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada:
- Competitive health plans, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
- Half-day Fridays
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Formstack is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal-opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, Lever, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.