Costa Mesa, CA
FormulaFolios is a rapidly growing investment firm that helps fiduciary financial advisors better serve their clients. We deliver goal-based financial planning and automated portfolio management focused on the client’s long-term goals. We believe in Doing Good - for our clients and partners, our employees, and our community. We strive to not only have a positive impact on our clients' lives but also to be socially and environmentally conscious so that we can provide value to the world around us.
As a product designer, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact in how we disrupt the financial services industry by making user-friendly products for financial advisors so that they can better serve the general public. You'll do this by working closely with our product managers, developers and stakeholders to help build and launch our B2B products that will break and improve an outdated industry.
What You'll Do
- Own design problems end-to-end, from understanding our users, to pushing our thinking with a variety of solutions, to designing the detailed workflows and interfaces that bring those solutions to life.
- Execute pixel-perfect design with attention to detail
- Communicate ideas clearly, early and often
- Work collaboratively on a diverse, multidisciplinary team while keeping the feedback loop small.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum meetings and process
- Participate in all project phases; product discovery, writing user stories, concept iterations, reiterating existing flows when needed, etc.
- Work closely with engineers to evolve and expand our design system across platforms—understanding the possibilities and limitations of each.
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of experience working on web-based and/or mobile SaaS products as a product designer, preferably in finance. Bonus points if you have agency experience. This is not an entry-level position.
- A thorough understanding of visual design, hierarchy, information architecture, interaction models, and user experience
- Experience working on all project phases from strategy to conceptual thinking to visual design
- Are self-driven and autonomous, but work well collaboratively within and across teams
- A strong understanding of Bootstrap layouts, typography, and design systems
- Have some high-level familiarity with relevant technology (HTML, CSS)
- An understanding of the Agile/Scrum process is a plus
- Willingness to bend and collaborate where dev constraints are metExperience in writing copy is a plus
- Experience with Trello a plus
Hard Skills Required
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Information Architecture
- User Experience Design
- User Interface Design
- Visual Design
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills – you can effectively articulate, evangelize and defend your ideas
- Able to work on-site at our Costa Mesa Office. This is a non-remote position.
- Ability to take initiative on anything you feel strongly about
- A positive and team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work outside of a predefined silo – constant communication between developers, PMs, and stakeholders
- Willingness to grow and adapt to product discoveries
FormulaFolio Investments is thrilled to announce that it has earned a coveted place on the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the third consecutive year. Boasting a three-year growth rate of 1,275%, FormulaFolios placed at #385 on the 2018 Inc. 500, building on the success that earned it #10 on the 2017 edition.
During calendar year 2017, FormulaFolios grew its revenue by $12.1 million to $29.3 million, exceeding the company’s total revenue for 2015 and more than doubling the $6 million revenue growth seen in 2016. To support this revenue growth, headcount has expanded to over 100 employees.
We offer premium, top-of-the-line benefits with paid vacation and a great work schedule. FormulaFolios also offers a Retirement/Profit sharing plan and also a health/wellness benefit towards a gym membership.