Human Resources Manager
Grand Rapids, MI
About the Company and Position:
FormulaFolios is a rapidly growing investment firm that helps fiduciary financial advisors better serve their clients. We deliver goals-based financial planning and automated portfolio management focused on the client’s long-term goals. We believe in Doing Good - for our clients and partners, our employees, and our community. We strive to not only have a positive impact on our clients' lives but also to be socially and environmentally conscious so that we can provide value to the world around us.
FormulaFolio Investments, LLC is seeking a Human Resources Manager to help lead their growing team. This role will be based in the home office in Grand Rapids, MI. As the Human Resources Manager, you will focus on building the people capabilities to maintain a high rate of growth company wide. You will develop and manage a full range of HR programs, including performance management, talent management, onboarding, workforce planning and analytics, organizational design, policies, compliance and employee engagement. This is an opportunity for a nimble, adaptive, “roll up the sleeves” business leader to both impact and shape a growing and successful business.
The successful candidate will:
- Report directly to the C-Suite
- Build and manage the HR team and serve as an advisor to team leads
- Develop appropriate human resources and administrative policies and programs to support a growing and fast-paced business
- Position the company as an employer of choice among our current team members and future employees by determining best practices to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement
- Develop a recruitment strategy that is consistent with the company management strategy and culture
- Support employee on-boarding, compensation, benefits and performance management in a business that is continually striving for greater efficiencies while scaling
- Translate the strategic company plans into HR operational plans and successfully implement. Specifically identify and project manage the implementation and operation of HR related systems
- Effectively communicate needs and plans to the executive team with a data driven approach; develop regular reports and metrics for HR activities for senior management
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance; liaise with internal and external legal counsel as needed on all employment related matters
Qualified candidates will have:
- Passion for helping people and Doing Good
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organization, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Requirements for HR Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of Human Resources experience including experience in a leadership role
- Prior responsibility for human resources management required including payroll support, compensation, benefits, talent management, performance management, organizational development, HR administration, employee relations and compliance
- Prior experience in Change Management with knowledge of current best practices and trends
- Strategic thinker, superior communicator and confident decision-maker
- Strong appreciation for and focus on culture
FormulaFolio Investments is thrilled to announce that it has earned a coveted place on the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the third consecutive year. Boasting a three-year growth rate of 1,275%, FormulaFolios placed at #385 on the 2018 Inc. 500, building on the success that earned it #10 on the 2017 edition.
During calendar year 2017, FormulaFolios grew its revenue by $12.1 million to $29.3 million, exceeding the company’s total revenue for 2015 and more than doubling the $6 million revenue growth seen in 2016. To support this revenue growth, headcount expanded to nearly 100 employees.
We offer premium, top-of-the-line benefits with paid vacation and a great work schedule. FormulaFolios also offers a Retirement/Profit sharing plan and also a health/wellness benefit towards a gym membership.