Recruiting & Talent Development Senior Specialist
Grand Rapids, MI
About the Company and Position:
FormulaFolios is a rapidly growing investment firm that helps fiduciary financial advisors better serve their clients. We deliver goals-based financial planning and automated portfolio management focused on the client’s long-term goals. We believe in Doing Good - for our clients and partners, our employees, and our community. We strive to not only have a positive impact on our clients' lives but also to be socially and environmentally conscious so that we can provide value to the world around us.
As a Recruiting and Talent Development Senior Specialist, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on the fun part of HR...hiring, developing, and inspiring your peers. In this blended role, we are looking for a business minded and critical thinking recruiter or talent development leader that is looking to add to their skillsets and help us further propel our growth through our people.
The successful candidate will have a positive “can-do” attitude, enjoy working with people, and in this blended role, must have the ability to multi-task. Ultimately, you will play an important part in building a strong employer brand for our company to ensure we attract, hire, and inspire the most qualified talent.
The successful candidate will:
- Enhance our employment brand.
- Create meaningful first and lasting impressions with candidates
- Craft recruiting emails to attract passive candidates.
- Partner with team leaders by conducting intake sessions and providing short-listed candidates to hiring managers
- Interview candidates (via phone, video and in-person).
- Advertise job openings on company’s careers page, social media, job boards and internally.
- Send job offer emails and answer queries about compensation and benefits.
- Monitor and report on key HR metrics, including time-to-fill, time-to-hire and source to hire.
- Design and update job descriptions.
- Collaborate with mangers to identify future hiring needs.
- Act as a consultant to new hires and help them onboard.
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions.
- Talent Development:
- Identify the talent development needs of our employee population.
- Select proper training and development courses.
- Build a talent development training calendar.
- Prepare course plans and deliver training courses.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employee's work behavior.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Passion for helping people and Doing Good.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to train on multiple tasks and understand the larger scope of each task.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to think critically and follow through on activities.
Requirements for Recruiting & Training Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, training, HR or a related field.
- Familiarity with Benefit enrollment and HRIS coordination.
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter, Trainer, or similar role.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases.
- Experience with sourcing techniques.
- Proven experience in identifying, designing, and implementing multiple training event.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with talent management and succession planning.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
FormulaFolio Investments is thrilled to announce that it has earned a coveted place on the Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the third consecutive year. Boasting a three-year growth rate of 1,275%, FormulaFolios placed at #385 on the 2018 Inc. 500, building on the success that earned it #10 on the 2017 edition.
During calendar year 2017, FormulaFolios grew its revenue by $12.1 million to $29.3 million, exceeding the company’s total revenue for 2015 and more than doubling the $6 million revenue growth seen in 2016. To support this revenue growth, headcount expanded to nearly 100 employees.
We offer premium, top-of-the-line benefits with paid vacation and a great work schedule. FormulaFolios also offers a Retirement/Profit sharing plan and also a health/wellness benefit towards a gym membership.