Senior Organizer - Delaware County
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania /
Organizing – Pennsylvania Organizers /
Position: Senior Organizer - Delaware County
Job Location: Upper Darby, PA
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Position Classification: Union Eligible
Compensation: $51,600 per year
Position Travel Percentage: 75%
Driving Percentage: 50%
Reports to: Regional Organizing Director
About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future recognizes a staff bargaining unit, affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 2304, a labor union. This position is part of the union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
For Our Future Pennsylvania seeks a motivated, outgoing, and results-driven organizer to support our political organizing and voter outreach efforts in Delaware County. The Senior Organizer will work to engage area residents and activists on local and national causes, candidates, and campaigns that matter to them. Candidates should have familiarity with Delaware County, experience working in political campaigns or organizing environments, comfortable working long hours, and possess basic digital skills.
This position runs through at least December 14, 2023.
- Plan and oversee a robust volunteer recruitment, training, and management program, both digital and in-person, when possible.
- Meet assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor metrics including voter contact attempts per shift, flake rate, completion rate, and confirmation rate.
- Prioritize quality voter interactions without sacrificing quantity.
- Attend training on voter contact tactics and program strategy.
- Collaborate with field/organizing leadership to plan and help implement new outreach strategies in your region.
- Assist with the management, coaching, and training of voter contact organizers on best practices for organizing, volunteer recruitment, and retention.
- Assist in building and managing community events in execution of our field and organizing strategy.
- Attend daily and/or weekly scheduled calls and meetings.
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Represent the organization at community events and meetings, when assigned, either virtual or in person where possible.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- One year of experience as a canvasser and/or organizer.
- At least one cycle of experience on a grassroots issue advocacy, legislative accountability, civic engagement, or electoral campaign (as a volunteer or staff member).Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN.
- Knowledge of social media.
- Must have basic computer literacy and access to a reliable laptop is ideal.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a high-productivity, metrics-driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid driver's license/insurance/registration, and clean driving record for at least 1 year, per organizations drivers policy.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- Monthly Mileage Stipend
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue site-based canvassing and in-person events / training, will be a high priority. Door-to-door canvassing could be considered an essential function of this job in the future. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund ("FOF") is fully committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and the communities we serve. We encourage all employees to stay “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines and once eligible, to get COVID-19 boosters; however, this is not a requirement for employment at FOF. All employees are required to adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures, when appropriate as implemented by the organization. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation form by emailing FOF Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Be advised that health and safety policies and procedures around COVID-19 may change in the future to stay in compliance with public health guidance and applicable laws.
For Our Future is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
We are also committed to the full inclusion of every qualified individual. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org