Part Time Canvasser/Voter Contact Organizer-Wisconsin
Canvassing – Wisconsin Canvassing /
Temporary Part Time
Position: Canvasser/Voter Contact Organizer
Job Location: Around Wisconsin
Position Type: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Position Classification: Not Union Eligible
Position Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
Driving Percentage: 50%
Reports to: Canvass Manager
About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future recognizes a staff bargaining unit, affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 2304, a labor union. This position is NOT included in the For Our Future bargaining unit.
About the Role
For Our Future Wisconsin seeks motivated, outgoing, and results-driven organizers to support our voter outreach efforts in Milwaukee, Madison, Fox Valley, Eau Claire, Rock County, and Racine/Kenosha. You will perform day-to-day canvassing in your assigned turf and work to engage area residents and activists at the door on local and national causes, candidates, and campaigns that matter to them. Candidates should have familiarity with Madison, Milwaukee, Fox Valley, Eau Claire, Rock County, and Racine/Kenosha, experience working in political campaigns or organizing environments, comfort working long hours, and access to reliable transportation.
This position runs through at least April 4, 2023.
- Engage voters in meaningful conversations at the doors in diverse communities with the core goals of:
- Persuading them to vote for progressive candidates and issues
- Motivating them to vote for progressive candidates and issues
- Educating them about progressive candidates and issues
- Perform voter contact door to door daily, to ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met.
- Meet assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Report daily on quantitative and qualitative metrics, ensuring timely and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Attend weekly scheduled calls and meetings.
- Attend training on voter contact tactics, program strategy and safety.
- Adhere to all health and safety protocols and procedures.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous campaign or other voter contact experience preferred, as a volunteer or staff member.
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN or a willingness to learn is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation across Wisconsin.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects with high-productivity, juggling several priorities that may change quickly, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Possess a winning mentality.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
This part time opportunity comes with the below benefits package.
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
Expected Hours of Work
- Normal Canvasser hours are from 1pm to 7pm.
- Required to work at least 20 hours weekly, while maintaining continuous employment status.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
- So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund ("FOF") is fully committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and the communities we serve. We encourage all employees to stay “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines and once eligible, to get COVID-19 boosters; however, this is not a requirement for employment at FOF.
All employees are required to adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures, when appropriate as implemented by the organization. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation form by emailing FOF Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be advised that health and safety policies and procedures around COVID-19 may change in the future to stay in compliance with public health guidance and applicable laws.
For Our Future is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
We are also committed to the full inclusion of every qualified individual. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact email@example.com