Digital – WI Digital Organizers /
Temporary Full Time
Position Title: Digital Organizer
Job Location: Wisconsin
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Travel %: Up to 50%
Reports to: Digital Director, Wisconsin
Are you passionate about progressive politics and interested in harnessing the internet, social media, design, and digital tools to make real change? Do you have an eye for design and want to use your skills to win elections and advocate for progressive issues? For Our Future Wisconsin is seeking a digital organizer who is passionate about progressive politics and interested in harnessing the internet and social media to support progressive issue priorities. We’re looking for someone with writing and communications skills, design/content creation skills or organizing skills/interest. You do not need to have experience in all three areas. If you are a graphic designer, writer, journalism major, social media maven or politically savvy, please apply.
Our ideal candidate is a clear communicator, an organizer, a creative thinker, and a team player who can contribute to our operation for social change.
This is a full-time position expected to run through at least November, 11th 2022.
- Create compelling graphic, video, and other digital content like landing pages used in paid and organic programming.
- Support updating social media channels with original content, including graphics and video.
- Organize voters with an emphasis on moving people from online activism to offline action, including communicating with voters via channels like SMS and Facebook, as well as traditional organizing contact.
- Assist the digital director with digital organizing tactics such as copy-editing and reviewing P2P SMS scripts and reporting on and supporting digital volunteer recruitment and outreach
- Contribute to a robust volunteer recruitment, training, and management program, both for virtual and in-person programs when and where possible.
- Implement rigorous processes for meeting assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Support story collection goals by connecting with voters who have stories about important issues.
- Support the execution of digital advertising and organizing campaigns on several platforms, including Facebook, Google, and Snapchat.
- Expand the organization’s social media reach and engagements with targeted audiences and communities around goals like voter mobilization.
- Create simple landing pages and microsites for message delivery and user acquisition with strong SEO practices.
- Be an active member in important digital communities across the state to push content and drive actions.
- Execute on-the-ground digital work, including live streaming events, when applicable.
- Support the implementation of aggressive, long- and short-term digital communications strategies.
- Identify new digital communications avenues and tactics.
- Report on activities regularly.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Work experience in a related field or relevant Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Experience in a political, coalition, firm, campaign, or organizing environment, preferred.
- Has a passion for progressive causes, values, and issues like economic fairness, equal opportunity, community organizing, racial and social justice, strong public schools, and environmental protections.
- Creative with a strong desire to learn and implement ever-evolving digital tactics.
- Proficiency with one or more tools in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, etc.) or online tools like Canva or Adobe Spark, and a good eye for design.
- Proficiency in Zoom and hosting Zoom meetings.
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with unpredictable hours, and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Has the ability to work both independently and as a team member in a busy office with personal enthusiasm and optimism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong writer who is able to quickly produce copy.
- Video editing and production skills, preferred.
- Basic HTML and web maintenance skills and some experience with Wordpress or a similar CMS, preferred.
- Experience tracking online metrics through various channels like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, preferred.
- Ability to maintain "Independent" firewall status, which may limit your ability to take outside employment or to volunteer with a candidate campaign or political party organization.
- Employees will be required to work and interact, in an office environment or otherwise, with coworkers, volunteers, voters, or community partners on a regular basis. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take more than 2-3 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The salary for this position is based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from email@example.com. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future Action Fund
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Executive Director or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.