Data Coordinator - HQ
Washington, DC /
Data – DC Data Team /
Position Title: Data Coordinator- HQ
Job Location: Washington, DC (NOTE: Currently Remote And Will Have Remote Option Through At Least December 2022)
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Travel Percentage: 10%
Reports To: Data and Analytics Director
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund seek a Data Coordinator to play a key role in supporting For Our Future’s national data team. We are looking for campaign experts interested in a professional opportunity to learn and develop new data skills while working to support the electoral and grassroots programs run in all of For Our Future’s states. For Our Future is proud to run a data-driven program, and this is made possible by our dynamic and mission-driven data team helping to drive our program nationwide.
The Data Coordinator shall serve as the point person for extracting, transforming and loading field data across voter contact platforms, assist in compliance reporting, and work with the data team to develop materials and curricula for trainings directed at technical and non-technical audiences. This role will also help states leverage organizational data to advance progressive change, and empower teams that build power, and contribute to winning elections.
This is a full time position through at least November 11, 2022.
- Administer field data to support in-state organizing and electoral programs of For Our Future and partner organizations’ staff.
- Work with the national data team to develop and manage reporting on in-state For Our Future and partner programs.
- Work with the national data team to develop regular trainings for staff and partners on voter file data, data management systems and practices (including VAN), reporting, and other topics, as needed.
- Work with state program staff and the national analytics team, create, deploy, track, and manage universes for voter-file and volunteer database targeted contact programs.
- Assist For Our Future Action Fund staff and partners in facilitating and executing program measurements, and other longitudinal evaluations.
- Employ best practices for data management in using voter file and voter contact platforms.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least one election cycle of experience in issue or community organizing or voter contact campaigns.
- Experience utilizing voter file and volunteer management platforms, such as VAN/VoteBuilder.
- Experience with Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to communicate on technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, and be detail oriented while handling multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting frequent deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Relentless dedication to the organization's success and willingness to work long hours and the passion for inspiring others to do the same.
- Positive attitude and solution-based approach in high-pressure or difficult situations
- Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work.
- Understands local community-based organizations and demonstrates respect for their leaders and programs.
- Strong customer service approach in providing technical support to coworkers and partner organizations.
- Ability to maintain "Independent" firewall status, which may limit your ability to take outside employment or to volunteer with a candidate campaign or political party organization
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employees will be required to work and interact, in an office environment or otherwise, with coworkers, volunteers, voters, or community partners on a regular basis. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees will be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle, and generally not allowed to take more than 2 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies will not be affected by this policy.
For Our Future Action Fund offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health insurance coverage - 95% employer paid and 5% employee paid
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every new calendar year, as well as all paid holidays
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from email@example.com. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Executive Director or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.