National Deputy Organizing Director
Washington, DC /
Field – National Organizing Team /
Temporary Full Time
Position: National Deputy Organizing Director
Job Location: Washington, DC (Currently Remote And Will Have Remote Option Through At Least December 2022)
Position Type: Full time/Exempt
Travel Percentage: 10%
Reports to: National Organizing Director
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund seek a National Deputy Organizing Director to support organizing program development in several key battleground states. The National Deputy Organizing Director will support and coach statewide Organizing Directors, develop and steer national organizing program priorities, and collaborate with HQ Staff to support states organizing programming. The Deputy National Organizing Director will report to the National Organizing Director.
This is a full-time position through at least December 31, 2022.
- Develop and steer national organizing program, including but not limited to SMS/texting, phones, volunteer recruitment, paid canvassing, digital organizing and training.
- Representing the campaigns department at ally and partner events, training, and meetings when needed.
- Monitoring national organizing metrics, developing strong organizational systems and structures, and collaborating with Statewide Organizing Directors to overcome challenges.
- Facilitating inter-departmental collaboration to support states organizing programs.
- Tracking grants for statewide organizing programs and ensuring required reporting is accurate and timely.
- Assisting with staff recruitment, onboarding, training, and professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least four cycles of competitive campaign or political experience.
- Experience in supporting effective canvass programs, phone banking, SMS, volunteer engagement, relational organizing, and other digital and distributed organizing programs.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple departments in HQ and state teams.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN, and experience and comfort working in a data-driven organization.
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, computer literacy, and database skills.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to successfully relate to staff from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Experience working with labor and community-led organizations a plus
- Commitment to our mission and progressive politics
- This position may include supervisory responsibilities.
The salary for this position is $74,000 - $90,000/annually, based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time Monday thru Friday, however employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take more than 2 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
- This position is based in our Washington, DC headquarters, which is currently remote and will have a remote option through at least December 2022. Employees will therefore work and interact primarily in a virtual environment for the duration of this temporary position, unless extended. Employees may be required to periodically travel to and/or work out of office locations in Washington, DC or at our state offices around the country.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from firstname.lastname@example.org. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future Action Fund
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Executive Director or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.