Rural Program Organizers
Field – Wisconsin Organizers /
Temporary Full Time
Position Title: Rural Program Organizer
Job Locations: Central, Southwest, Eastern, and Northern WI
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Education Level: None
Salary Range: $48,000 Salary/year
Travel %: Up to 50%
Job Shift: Any
Job Categories: Nonprofit - Social Services
Number of Openings: 6
For Our Future Wisconsin seeks motivated, outgoing, and results-driven organizers to head up our volunteer efforts in rural Wisconsin. You will work to engage area residents and activists on local and national causes, candidates and campaigns that matter to them. Candidates should have familiarity with rural Wisconsin, experience working in political campaigns or volunteer environments, experience recruiting and working with volunteers, comfort working long hours, basic digital skills, and access to a car and a working laptop or tablet. This is a full time position. The Rural Program Organizer will report to the Rural Program Director.
ABOUT FOR OUR FUTURE
For Our Future Wisconsin is a statewide coalition organization that builds progressive power through voter engagement and organizing within communities around key issues and candidates. We uplift the voices of the community and work to strengthen public education, advance social and racial justice, preserve our environment, and fight for working families. Our commitment to advancing progressive causes extends to the ballot box, and we work hard every election to support candidates who share our values.
This is a full-time position through at least August 25, 2022 with possibility of extension.
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To:
- Planning and overseeing a robust volunteer recruitment, training, and management program, both for virtual and in-person programs when and where possible.
- Implementing rigorous processes for meeting assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Work with leadership to help implement best practices for rural organizing and volunteer recruitment.
- Executing on and monitoring metrics including voter contact attempts per shift, flake rate, completion rate, and confirmation rate.
- Prioritizing quality voter interactions without sacrificing quantity.
- Ensuring timely and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Representing the organization at community events and meetings when assigned, either virtual or in person where possible
- Working with field leadership to plan and help implement new outreach strategies in your region.
- 1-2 cycles of competitive field experience preferred
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Basic computer literacy and database skills necessary, access to a reliable portable computer preferred.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong coaching skills and abilities.
- Winning mentality.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to maintain "Independent" firewall status, which may limit your ability to take outside employment or to volunteer with a candidate campaign or political party organization.
- Full vaccination required for this position. Individuals may request accommodation if they are unable to be fully vaccinated for either medical or religious reasons.
- This position may supervise members of the field staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take more than 2 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
For Our Future offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health insurance coverage - 95% employer paid and 5% employee paid.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Retirement savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.
- $150 monthly cell phone bill reimbursement.
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
- Technology will be provided to employees who need it.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from email@example.com. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Executive Director or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.