Regional Organizing Director - Northern Nevada
Reno, NV /
DIRECTORS – Nevada Directors /
Position: Regional Organizing Director - Northern Nevada
Job Location: Reno, NV
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Position Classification: Not Union Eligible
Compensation: $54,000 - $60,000 / annually
Position Travel Percentage: 50%
Driving Percentage: 50%
Reports to: Nevada Organizing Director
About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future recognizes a staff bargaining unit, affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 2304, a labor union. This position is NOT included in the For Our Future bargaining unit.
About the Role
For Our Future Nevada seeks a Northern Nevada Regional Organizing Director for an aggressive issue advocacy and electoral organizing program. The Regional Organizing Director will recruit, train, and manage members of a regional organizing team on local and national causes, candidates, and campaigns. The Regional Director will also be responsible for helping to execute the statewide field plan, political organizing, and supervising a volunteer operation within their region which covers Washoe County as well as the surrounding communities in the “greater Washoe area” in northern Nevada, including Carson City. Responsibilities may grow to include managing a paid canvass operation.
This position requires creativity and flexibility due to the high-productivity nature and mission of our organization. Successful candidates will bring all or most of the following skills and attributes to this position: a commitment to teamwork; an exceptional ability to stay organized, to manage their time effectively, and to juggle several priorities that may change quickly, and finally possess a keen attention to detail.
This position runs through at least December 12, 2024.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage canvassers, volunteers, and/or organizers.
- Oversee robust volunteer recruitment, training, and program management.
- Monitor metrics within each assigned region including, but not limited to: attempts per shifts, flake rate, conversation rate, action conversion rate; and implementing rigorous systems to ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Collaborate with in-state leadership to implement new communications and digital strategies within the region.
- Build crucial relationships with leaders of the progressive community and serve as regional lead for our partnership program.
- Represent the organization at community events and meetings, when advised by the organization.
- Conduct extensive coaching and develop best practices for organizing, canvassing, recruitment, and retention. On turf coaching, support, and accountability is required.
- Conduct daily training, including launching and debriefing at the beginning and end of daily shifts.
- Ensure that all required reporting is accurate and timely, and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Provide guidance when evaluating events being proposed by organizers as well as monitor progress, facilitate logistics, and shepherd community community engagement and organization building events to completion in coordination with Communications Department.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1-2 cycles of competitive campaign or advocacy experience.
- 2-4 years of experience managing a team and hitting competitive field goals.
- 2-4 years of experience working with volunteers.
- At least 2 years of relationship-based organizing and leadership development experience, including one-on-one meetings and team building.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid driver's license/insurance/registration, and clean driving record for at least 1 year, per organizations drivers policy.
- Ability to manage, coach and train staff proficiently.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN, required.
- Ability to make outreach to and build partnerships with other progressive organizations.
- Experience in managing metrics-based programs that develop the capacity to meet goals on data-driven campaigns.
- Experience in supporting digital, media, and communications programming, preferred.
- Basic computer literacy, including proficiency in Excel and Google Suite platforms is required and access to a reliable laptop is preferred.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a high-productivity, metrics-driven work environment.
The compensation for this position may be based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee paid.
- Paid parental leave.
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement.
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. Overseeing canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund ("FOF") is fully committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and the communities we serve. We encourage all employees to stay “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines and once eligible, to get COVID-19 boosters; however, this is not a requirement for employment at FOF.
All employees are required to adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures, when appropriate as implemented by the organization. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation form by emailing FOF Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Be advised that health and safety policies and procedures around COVID-19 may change in the future to stay in compliance with public health guidance and applicable laws.
For Our Future is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
We are also committed to the full inclusion of every qualified individual. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org