Voter Contact Organizer/Canvasser - Washoe County
Reno, NV /
Field – Nevada Organizers /
Temporary Full Time
Position Title: Canvasser/VCO
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV
Position Type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $42,000 annually
ABOUT FOR OUR FUTURE
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
Want a job with impact? Want to help make a change in Nevada? Then come join our team in Nevada.
For Our Future Nevada seeks motivated, outgoing, and results-driven organizers to support our voter outreach efforts in Clark County. You will perform day-to-day canvassing in your assigned turf and work to engage area residents and activists at the door on local and national causes, candidates, and campaigns that matter to them. Candidates should have familiarity with Clark County, experience working in political campaigns or organizing environments, comfort working long hours, and access to reliable transportation.
Full time and part-time positions are available. This is a temporary position through at least August 31, 2022, with a potential opportunity to extend.
- Engage voters in meaningful issue-based conversations at the doors in diverse communities
- Meet assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Report daily on quantitative and qualitative metrics, ensuring timely and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Attend weekly scheduled calls and meetings.
- Attend training on voter contact tactics, program strategy and safety.
- Adhere to all health and safety protocols and procedures.
- Previous campaign or other voter contact experience preferred, as a volunteer or staff member.
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN or MiniVAN is a plus.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Possess a winning mentality.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
- Technology will be provided to employees who need it.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle, and generally not allowed to take more than 2 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies will not be affected by this policy.
- Full time canvassers must work 40 hours per week, including Saturdays
FOR OUR FUTURE ACTION FUND OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS TO ALL FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
- Health insurance coverage - 95% employer paid and 5% employee paid
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 monthly cell phone bill.
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as all paid holidays
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from email@example.com. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Executive Director or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.