Canvass Manager - Western PA
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania /
Field – Pennsylvania Canvassing /
Temporary Full Time
Position: Canvasser Manager
Job Location: Southeast Pennsylvania
Position Type: Full - time Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Reports to: Regional Organizing Director - Western PA
For Our Future Pennsylvania seeks a motivated, outgoing, and results-driven Canvass Manager for a paid canvassing program in Western Pennsylvania. You will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan and supervision of paid canvasser operations within your assigned region within accordance with strict health and safety protocols. For Our Future Pennsylvania is a statewide, coalition organization that builds progressive power through voter engagement and organizing within communities around key issues. We uplift the voices of the community to strengthen public education, advance social and racial justice, preserve our environment, and fight for working families. Candidates should have familiarity with Western Pennsylvania, experience working with door-to-door field programs, comfort working long hours, and access to reliable transportation.
This is a full-time position through at least November 11, 2022.
This position is part of a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
- Responsible for training canvassers and launching canvass events in accordance with FOF health and safety guidelines
- Will serve on the front lines of a voter outreach program for issue advocacy, accountability, electoral (dependent on phase of program) and vote by mail registration, including regular door-to-door canvassing
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered in a timely manner
- Assist in tracking of quality control of data and conversations
- Assist Regional Field Director in managing program execution and tracking of staff hours, goals and output
- Ensure all health and safety protocols and procedures are metAdhere to all health and safety protocols and procedures
- Assist with research and data testing in the region
- Assist with delivering training programs
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1-2 cycles of paid field campaign or other door to door canvassing experience. Commitment to building power in the progressive movement, a must
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN/LAN preferredBasic computer literacy, database skills, and prefer access to a reliable portable computer
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Strong coaching skills and abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required
The salary for this position is based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- Monthly Mileage Stipend
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
- So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. Overseeing canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from email@example.com. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future Action Fund
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.