National Budget Manager
Washington, DC /
Operations – Finance Team /
Temporary Full Time
Position: National Budget Manager
Job Location: Washington, DC (Currently Remote And Will Have Remote Option Through At Least December 2022)
Position Type: Full/Exempt
Travel Percentage: 5%
Reports to: Finance Director
Are you a committed progressive with experience managing budgets for political and advocacy programs? Then come join our team as our next Budget Manager. You will be a key member of our headquarters team working closely with both headquarters and state staff as our organization grows. Our ideal candidate is a clear communicator, a detail-oriented lover of spreadsheets and databases, a team player, and eager to join a high-energy, hard-working team dedicated to fighting for progressive values and candidates.
This position runs through at least December 31, 2022.
- Work with the Finance Director, HQ, and state staff on developing and managing state budgets, and making changes throughout the year as needed to meet objectives.
- Reconcile state and national budgets and assist in forecasting
- Help prepare reports by pulling information and organizing financial data
- Review and help track all expenditure for budget approval and ensure collection of backup documentation for annual audit.
- Review vendor and consultant contracts.
- Review and help create grant budgets and work with campaigns and development on fulfilling grant terms.
- Work with the Finance Director, Operations, Compliance, and Legal departmental staff to ensure proper allocation of expenses to the C4 and the PAC.
- Participate in weekly budget meetings with HQ and State Staff, keep track of budget needs and assist in answering budget and payment questions.
- Assist when needed in entering and allocating invoices into the billing system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years experience managing a budget, or background in accounting or bookkeeping preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; strong management skills; and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Experience working in a political campaign environment, and managing a budget for political campaigns, PACs, 501(c)(4)s, and/or 501(c)(3)s.
- Familiarity with administering databases and bookkeeping software (such as QuickBooks Online) preferred.
- Excellent proficiency with Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Exercise good judgment in high-pressure situations.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks and work long hours as needed.
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to progressive values.
- This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
The salary for this position is based on experience. The range for this position is $67,000 to $86,500 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time Monday thru Friday, however employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle, and generally not allowed to take more than 2 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
This position is based in our Washington, DC headquarters, which is currently remote and will have a remote option through at least December 2022. Employees will therefore work and interact primarily in a virtual environment for the duration of this temporary position, unless extended. Employees may be required to periodically travel to and/or work out of office locations in Washington, DC or at our state offices around the country.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from firstname.lastname@example.org. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future Action Fund
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Executive Director or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.