Canvass Manager - Milwaukee
Canvassing – Wisconsin Canvassing /
Temporary Full Time
Position: Canvass Manager-Milwaukee
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Position Classification: Not Union Eligible
Compensation: $51,600 per year
Position Travel Percentage: Up to75%
Driving Percentage: 50%
Reports to: Regional Director
About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future recognizes a staff bargaining unit, affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 2304, a labor union. This position is NOT included in the For Our Future bargaining unit.
About the Role
For Our Future Wisconsin seeks motivated, outgoing, and results-driven Canvass Managers for a paid canvassing program in Milwaukee. You will be responsible for executing the regional field plan and supervision of paid canvasser operations within your assigned region in accordance with strict health and safety protocols. Candidates should have familiarity with their assigned region, experience working with door-to-door field programs, comfortable working long hours, and access to reliable transportation.
This position runs through at least April 7, 2023.
- Responsible for training canvassers, launching canvass events, and supervising a team of canvassers in accordance with FOF health and safety guidelines.
- Will serve on the front lines of a voter outreach program for local and statewide candidates in-home regions, including regular door-to-door canvassing.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered in a timely manner.
- Ensure all health and safety protocols and procedures are met.
- Adhere to all health and safety protocols and procedures.
- Recruiting, scheduling, and confirming canvassers.
- Assist with delivering training programs.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Manage one or more teams of canvassers.
- On-turf coaching, support, and accountability.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1-2 cycles of paid field campaign or other door to door canvassing experience.
- Commitment to building power in the progressive movement a must.
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN/LAN preferred.
- Basic computer literacy, database skills, and prefer access to a reliable portable computer. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong coaching skills and abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
The compensation for this position may be based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays
Expected Hours of Work
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
- So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund ("FOF") is fully committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and the communities we serve. We encourage all employees to stay “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines and once eligible, to get COVID-19 boosters; however, this is not a requirement for employment at FOF.
All employees are required to adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures, when appropriate as implemented by the organization. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation form by emailing FOF Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be advised that health and safety policies and procedures around COVID-19 may change in the future to stay in compliance with public health guidance and applicable laws.
For Our Future is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
We are also committed to the full inclusion of every qualified individual. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact email@example.com