Digital Organizer - Michigan
Detroit, MI /
Organizing – Michigan Organizers /
Temporary Full Time
Position: Digital Organizer - Michigan
Job Location: Detroit, Michigan
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Position Classification: Union Eligible
Compensation: $51,600 per year
Position Travel Percentage: 25%
Driving Percentage: 10%
Reports to: Digital Director - Michigan
About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future recognizes a staff bargaining unit, affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 2304, a labor union. This position is part of the union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
Are you passionate about progressive politics and interested in harnessing the internet, social media, and digital tools to make real change? Do you have an eye for design and want to use your skills to win elections and advocate for progressive issues? Consider joining our team as a Digital Organizer!
We are seeking a creative individual who is a skilled writer and designer. The Digital Organizer will create compelling online content that educates, inspires, engages, drives messaging, and pushes people to take action on our various campaigns. The Digital Organizer will collaborate with various departments and other political organizations across the state to modernize the landscape of political organizing by reaching out to voters in new, innovative ways. The ideal candidate is a clear communicator, an organizer, a creative thinker, and a team player who can contribute to our operation for social change.
This position runs through at least December 14, 2023.
- Create compelling graphic, video, and other digital content used in paid and organic programming.
- Maintain and update social media channels with original content daily, including graphics and video.
- Draft and execute voter outreach text scripts and emails.
- Organize online communities to move people from online activism into offline action.
- Pursue and conduct on-camera interviews with voters who have stories about important issues.
- Support monitoring of digital advertising and organizing campaigns across relevant platforms.
- Expand the social media reach of For Our Future Michigan to push messaging directly to the people we are trying to reach.
- Create simple landing pages for message delivery and user acquisition.
- Be an active member in important digital communities across the state to push content and drive actions.
- Execute on-the-ground digital work, including live streaming events.
- Support the implementation of aggressive, long- and short-term digital communications strategies
- Identify new digital communications avenues and tactics.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Work experience in a related field OR relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in a political, coalition, firm, campaign, or organizing environment.
- Experience tracking online metrics through various channels like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Video editing and production experience, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong writer who is able to quickly produce copy.
- Have a passion for progressive causes, values, and issues like economic fairness, equal opportunity, community organizing, racial and social justice, strong public schools, and environmental protections.
- Possess creativity and a strong desire to learn and implement ever-evolving digital tactics.
- Proficient with one or more tools in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, etc.) or online tools like Canva or Adobe Spark, and a good eye for design.
- Ability to work in a high-productivity, deadline-driven environment, and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member with personal enthusiasm and optimism.
This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- Monthly Mileage Stipend
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday, however employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
Employees will be required to work and interact, in an office environment or otherwise, with coworkers, volunteers, voters, or community partners on a regular basis. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund ("FOF") is fully committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and the communities we serve. We encourage all employees to stay “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines and once eligible, to get COVID-19 boosters; however, this is not a requirement for employment at FOF.
All employees are required to adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures, when appropriate as implemented by the organization. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation form by emailing FOF Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be advised that health and safety policies and procedures around COVID-19 may change in the future to stay in compliance with public health guidance and applicable laws.
For Our Future is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
We are also committed to the full inclusion of every qualified individual. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact email@example.com