Canvasser - Delaware County
Delaware County Pennsylvania /
Field – Pennsylvania Canvassing /
Temporary Full Time
Position Title: Canvasser - Delaware County
Job Location: Delaware County, PA
Position Type: Full Time & Part time / Non-Exempt
Travel %: Up to 75%
Reports To: Western PA Regional Organizing Director
Want a job with impact? Want to help make a change in Pennsylvania? Then come join our team in Delaware County. For Our Future Pennsylvania seeks motivated, outgoing, and results-driven Canvassers to support our voter outreach efforts in Delaware County. You will perform day-to-day canvassing in your assigned turf and work to engage area residents about the upcoming general election to collect Governor IDs and sign up voters for vote by mail. Candidates should have familiarity with Delaware County, experience working in political campaigns or organizing environments, comfortable working long hours, and access to reliable transportation.
This is a temporary position through at least November 11, 2022.
- Engage voters in meaningful conversations at the doors in diverse communities with the core goals of: Educating them about vote by mail process in Pennsylvania and collect Governor IDs
- Perform voter contact door to door daily, to ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met.
- Meet assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Report daily on quantitative and qualitative metrics, ensuring timely and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Attend weekly scheduled calls, training and meetings.
- Attend training on voter contact tactics, program strategy and safety. Adhere to all health and safety protocols and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous campaign or other voter contact experience preferred, as a volunteer or staff member.
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN or a willingness to learn is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation across Delaware County.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Possess a winning mentality.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
The salary for this position is based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, and nights
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
- Full time canvassers must work 30-40 hours per week.
- Part time canvassers must work 18-29 hours per week, including Saturdays.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from firstname.lastname@example.org. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future Action Fund
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.