Voter Contact Organizer - Miami/Dade
Miami/Dade Florida /
Field – Florida Organizers /
Temporary Full Time
Position Title: Voter Contact Organizer - Miami/Dade
Job Location: Tallahassee - Miami/Dade County
Position Type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to50%
Salary Range: $45,150 salary/year
Reports to: Regional Director
ABOUT FOR OUR FUTURE FLORIDA
For Our Future Florida is a statewide coalition organization that builds progressive power through voter engagement and organizing within communities around key issues and candidates. We uplift the voices of the community and work to strengthen public education, advance social and racial justice, preserve our environment, and fight for working families. Our commitment to advancing progressive causes extends to the ballot box, and we work hard every election to support candidates who share our values.
For Our Future Florida seeks motivated, outgoing, and results-driven organizers to support our voter contact efforts in Miami/Dade County. You will perform day-to-day canvassing in your assigned turf and work to engage area residents and activists at the door on local and national causes, candidates, and campaigns that matter to them. Candidates should have familiarity with the Miami/Dade County region, experience working in political campaigns or organizing environments, comfort working long hours, and access to reliable transportation.
Full-time and part-time positions are available. This position runs through at least November 11, 2022.
This position is part of a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
- Engage voters in meaningful conversations at the doors and on the phone in regular direct voter contact activities.
- Meet assigned goals associated with each metric on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Report daily on quantitative and qualitative metrics, ensuring timely and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Attend weekly scheduled calls and meetings.
- Attend training on voter contact tactics, program strategy and safety.
- Adhere to all health and safety protocols and procedures.
- Prioritizing quality voter interactions without sacrificing quantity.
- Ensuring timely and accurate data entry and reporting.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous campaign or other voter contact experience preferred, as a volunteer or staff member.
- Knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN or MiniVAN is a plus.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Possess a winning mentality.
- Bilingual experience is a plus, but not required.
This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- Monthly Mileage Stipend
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- ·Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Technology will be provided to employees who need it.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from email@example.com. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future Action Fund
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.