Rural Program Director-Wisconsin
Organizing – Wisconsin Rural Program /
Temporary Full Time
Position: Rural Program Director
Job Location: Wisconsin
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Position Classification: Not Union Eligible
Compensation: $82,000 to $90,000/ year
Position Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Driving Percentage: %25
Reports to: State Director
About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future recognizes a staff bargaining unit, affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) 2304, a labor union. This position is NOT included in the For Our Future bargaining unit.
About the Role
For Our Future Wisconsin seeks a Rural Program Director for our rural organizing program. This position will be responsible for managing a program to engage rural Wisconsin residents and activists to advocate on local and national causes, and education campaigns that matter to them, and catalyze others to do the same. We are looking for a quick learner, clear communicator, an organizer, and a team player who will meet new challenges with ambition and creativity to join our team. Successful candidates will bring all or most of the following skills and attributes to this position: a commitment to teamwork; have an exceptional ability to stay organized, to manage their time effectively, and to juggle several priorities that may change quickly; and finally possess a keen attention to detail.
This position runs through at least July 31, 2023.
- Serve as political director for the Wisconsin rural program, leading and managing rural partner relationships.
- Collaborate with state leadership to plan and implement new outreach strategies and best practices, for rural organizing and volunteer recruitment.
- Coach and develop staff and volunteers on best practices for rural organizing.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded..
- Attend weekly scheduled calls and meetings as assigned.
- Adhere to all health and safety protocols and procedures.
- Represent the organization at virtual, or when appropriate in-person community events and meetings.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Supervise paid organizing staff for the rural program.
Skills and Qualifications
- A passion for progressive causes and advocating and communicating authentic stories about Wisconsinites.
- At least 3-4 years campaign or advocacy experience, required.
- Experience with organizing and planning in support of field, electoral, and/or issue campaigns.
- Basic computer literacy and database skills including strong knowledge of spreadsheets and Google Suite platforms, required.
- Familiarity with leadership development, team building and volunteer recruitment.
- Proficiency in managing, training, and coaching staff and volunteers.
- Management experience preferred.
- Possess a keen attention to detail.
- Creativity and a strong desire to learn and implement ever-evolving digital tactics.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects with high-productivity, juggling several priorities that may change quickly, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member in a busy organization with personal enthusiasm, optimism, and a sense of humor.
- Access to a reliable laptop is ideal.
- Must have reliable access to transportation.
The compensation for this position may be based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee.
- Paid parental leave.
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%.
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement.
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to at least 6:00 pm ct Monday thru Friday, however employees will be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take off during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
- So long as it is safe and appropriate to continue door-to-door and site-based canvassing, it will be a high priority. Employees may be required to work in extreme weather conditions, including rain, heat, and cold. Overseeing canvassing is considered an essential function of this job. This position is expected to interact regularly face-to-face with voters, volunteers or community partners. If state and government stay-at-home orders, phased reopening orders, or other factors related to the COVID-19 virus (or any other reason) limit For Our Future’s ability to engage safely in in-person work, employees may be assigned other duties to be conducted from their homes.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund ("FOF") is fully committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and the communities we serve. We encourage all employees to stay “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines and once eligible, to get COVID-19 boosters; however, this is not a requirement for employment at FOF.
All employees are required to adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures, when appropriate as implemented by the organization. Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation form by emailing FOF Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be advised that health and safety policies and procedures around COVID-19 may change in the future to stay in compliance with public health guidance and applicable laws.
For Our Future is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
We are also committed to the full inclusion of every qualified individual. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact email@example.com