Deputy Director, Data Services
Washington, DC /
Data – DC Data Team /
Temporary Full Time
Position: Deputy Director, Data Services
Job Location: Washington, DC (Currently Remote And Will Have Remote Option Through At Least December 2022)
Position Type: Full time/Exempt
Travel Percentage: 10%
Reports to: National Data and Analytics Director
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund seek a Deputy Director, Data Services to manage our state data & analytics support program. The Deputy Director works to ensure that state programs have ample data resources to effectively run robust direct contact activity. In addition, they will work with other departments to develop tools and resources needed for targeting, goal setting, programmatic planning, budget tracking, and compliance. They will also take the lead in managing For Our Future’s direct voter contact CRMs (VAN, Thrutext, Thrutalk, etc) systems. This position reports to the National Data & Analytics Director.
This is a full-time position through at least November 11, 2022.
- Manage multiple projects connecting states and national data program, including building support channels and processes for tool development.
- Work closely with the field team to establish effective systems to track and evaluate progress to goal for the organization, staff, and partners.
- Serve as the primary data point of contact for voter contact CRM systems, by identifying best practices to simplify data reporting and experiment implementation. Also they are responsible for training teams to ensure states have support they need from the data department.
- Manage state data support programs, including providing tools, training, and resources for the management of their data & analytics projects concerning their program.
- Manage script approvals and track budgets for direct voter contact platforms used for direct voter contact. Manage and develop a team of regional data directors that serves as the liaison between headquarters and the states’ data operations.
- Work with vendors & coalition partners to build systems and infrastructure within For Our Future VAN committees & instances or other voter contact databases to appropriately track field and partner activity.
- Promote a strong and inclusive culture and support a team that is mission-driven, well-trained, and set up for success.
- Work with the National Data & Analytics Director to recruit, hire and manage a team of national regional data directors and other national data support staff.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as designated by the National Data & Analytics Director.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
- At least two cycles of previous data management experience on an electoral or issue-based field campaign.
- Demonstrate proficiency in VAN, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint (experience with SQL a plus)Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful data driven electoral field plans, including targeting, voter contact, GOTV, and best practices with each.
- Experience providing training on technical topics is highly preferred.
- Experience managing support requests is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for building progressive power.
- An ability to work within and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
- Ability to develop short- and long-term program plans, set objectives and metrics, track progress toward achieving objectives, and align those strategies with other progressive efforts in state.
- Ability to get buy-in and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- An aptitude for partner communication, specifically the ability to relay programmatic details to external and independent partners and funders.
- An ability to manage vendor relationships, including concisely communicating the organization’s technical needs with multiple data vendors.
- Experience communicating technical subject matter (i.e. VAN, Excel) to varying audiences, verbally or written.
- A solutions-oriented approach and a willingness to take initiative.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, and an ability to meet deadlines, while juggling several priorities that may change quickly.
- Experience working in a coalition setting, particularly coalitions with labor partners, strongly preferred.
The salary for this position is based on experience. The range for this position is $80,000 - $95,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time Monday thru Friday, however employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
- Employees may be required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take more than 2 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
This position is based in our Washington, DC headquarters, which is currently remote and will have a remote option through at least December 2022. Employees will therefore work and interact primarily in a virtual environment for the duration of this temporary position, unless extended. Employees may be required to periodically travel to and/or work out of office locations in Washington, DC or at our state offices around the country.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from firstname.lastname@example.org. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future Action Fund
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Executive Director or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.