HR Generalist - HQ
Washington, DC /
Human Resources – DC HR Team /
Temporary Full Time
Position: Human Resources Generalist - HQ
Job Location: Washington, DC (Currently Remote And Will Have Remote Option Through At Least December 2022)
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Travel Percentage: 10%
Reports to: Human Resources Director
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future seeks a Human Resources Generalist to function in a variety of human resources capacities. The HR Generalist will manage and support a range of responsibilities, from recruitment, payroll, employee relations, and enforcing company-wide policies and practices. With the ability to strengthen valuable skills like communication, public speaking and decision-making, this opportunity enables staff to strengthen valuable career skills in human resources overall. This position reports directly to the National Human Resources Director.
This position runs through at least November 11, 2022.
- Collaborate with state leadership and to assess employment needs and participate in recruiting efforts to identify and hire qualified candidates. This includes proactively developing talent pipelines through various internet search tools.
- Support and train state operations/HR staff on FOFAF policies, procedures and systems.
- Manage the job posting process and assist with interviews and extending offers, if necessary.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Handles employment verification requests from State Agencies.
- Coach state operations/HR staff on best practices for managing the employee life cycle and assist with employee onboarding as needed.
- Coordinate with the HR Systems Manager on troubleshooting any technical challenges experienced in states related to recruitment, onboarding, or other HR processes.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Ensure payroll processes and procedures are followed in accordance with the national office policies.
- Ensure accurate and updated data entry of employee information (e.g., personnel data, compensation, etc.) in the HR management systems.
- Assist with educating employees about For Our Future’s benefits and monitor benefits to ensure ACA compliance using our HR system.
- Assist in managing the performance evaluation process and helping departments maintain a team of professional, motivated, and high-performing workers.
- Encourage open communication, discussion and feedback for all staff, promoting an inclusive and supportive team culture.
- Promote and champion organizational values and culture.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or 2 years of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes.
- Experience working on campaigns or with non-profits, highly preferred.
- Experience working with HRIS and applicant tracking systems.
- Familiarity with G-Suite Applications, especially Google Drive and Sheets.
- Understanding of HR best practices and regulations.
- Knowledge of FMLA, ADA, EEO, ACA, and Workers Compensation regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with tact and discretion, and high level of professionalism.
- Resourceful self starter who takes initiative.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking, evaluation, and analytical skills.
The salary for this position is based on experience and comes with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health Insurance Coverage - 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $150 Monthly Cell Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
- Normal hours of business are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time Monday thru Friday, however employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and nights.
- Employees are required to abide by certain blackout dates during a campaign cycle or other key deadlines, and generally not allowed to take more than 2 days off consecutively during blackout periods. Emergencies are not affected by this policy.
- This position is based in our Washington, DC headquarters, which is currently remote and will have a remote option through at least December 2022. Employees will therefore work and interact primarily in a virtual environment for the duration of this temporary position, unless extended. Employees may be required to periodically travel to and/or work out of office locations in Washington, DC or at our state offices around the country.
Health and Safety
For Our Future Action Fund is committed to the health and safety of our colleagues, candidates and communities we serve. A condition of employment is that all employees are “up to date” with their COVID-19 vaccines, which means: (1) fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and (2) once eligible, boosted with a single dose of a COVID-19 booster shot. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon the individual proving they are fully vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from firstname.lastname@example.org. All medical information will be treated as confidential medical information, stored separately from employees’ personnel files, in accordance with applicable law.
Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine record in the employer’s vaccine record tool and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health guidance and applicable laws.
Additional exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement are available for roles with a work location in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia in accordance with applicable state law.
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement does not apply to roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee. All qualified applicants for roles with a work location in Montana or Tennessee will be considered regardless of vaccination status as required by applicable state or local law.
About For Our Future Action Fund
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and racial and social justice. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a community’s collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve people’s lives.
For Our Future Action Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, family responsibilities, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, arrest record, conviction record, ancestry, military service, or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. Should an applicant need reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact a company representative.
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as “employment at will.” This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing “employment at will” relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm that your employment is “at will”, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your “at will” status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Executive Director or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.