Columbia, MD /
Recruiting – Cyber Analytics /
Lead, collaborate and join integrated teams that apply advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution development of complex data analysis problems. As a data scientist, you will help teams’ advance complex analysis, design, development, and testing of scalable end-to-end data pipelines from prototype to production, that include data analysis, visualization, and machine learning. At Fortego, you will embark on a journey of exciting, impactful & highly technical work with good people that treat you like family.
If that sounds like you, and you’ve got the skills and qualifications listed below with a TS/SCI with a Polygraph, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for junior, mid-level or senior-level data scientists with the following:
- Demonstrated software development experience with Python in a Unix environment.
- Practical knowledge in Python Machine Learning and Data Visualization
- Practical knowledge in Data ETL such as working with: Data loading from SQL, CSV, JSON, Excel, etc., Web scraping (Beautiful Soup, Scrapy, etc.) and Data Wrangling/Cleaning
- Experience using the Unix command line.
- Proficiency in statistical packages using any of the following: Python, R, STATA, SPSS, etc.
Candidate may have some practical knowledge in these skill sets (not required, but helpful):
- Using the Atlassian Tool Suite.
- Continuous integration /continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Working knowledge with other object-oriented programming languages such as Java or C++
- Working knowledge with Front-end data visualization libraries (i.e., D3.js; Raphael.js, etc.)
- Experience with development of any of the following; Hadoop, Pig, MapReduce, or HDFS
- TS/SCI with a Polygraph
- Looking for junior, mid and senior-level data scientists
- Rewarding your hard work: Referrals, sign on, profit sharing, quarterly awards… need we go on?
- Generous training budget: Designed by you.
- PTO that has your back: For the families and the unbounded adventures, from furloughs to inclement weather, we are there.
- Top notch health care and 401k package: If these drive you, this is your stop.
- Something always going on: Team lunches, happy hours, fantasy leagues, game nights, homebrew competitions and monthly family events.
- We support innovation: Got an idea? Want to learn something new? Whatever it is we will help see it through.
Fortego helps solve some of the most difficult cyber issues the world faces today. Our employees spend their working hours deep in the trenches handling the most critical and exciting challenges on the national security front. As for the other hours of the day, you will find Fortego employees kicking back and enjoying benefits that span from family activities to sporting events, supporting veterans in the community, and exploring new tech.
Fortego is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.