Senior Product Manager (m/f/d)
Technology – Product /
Imagine an industry where people collaborate on a truly global scale, where people can be in Vietnam, and help solve a problem in South America. An industry that is vital for the well-being of billions of people, intertwined with companies from all over the world that produce and sell something across borders. Sounds like a complex endeavor? Well, this is where we come in.
Simplifying global trade has been Forto’s mission from day one. Forto stands for scalable and sustainable logistics technologies that allows users to own their entire supply chain. A one-stop-shop and single face to the customer that would cover the entire process chain from quotation, booking, document management, track and trace all the way to proactive exception handling and supply chain data analytics. A growing team of over 450 technology and logistics experts at ten locations, together with financing totalling over USD 50 million, forms the basis for further growth.
As part of the tech team, you drive the company’s product vision forward and create the superior customer experience we want to build. It is our responsibility to set the course and define the journey. Based on our product vision and strategy, we develop detailed roadmaps and work with engineering to build what matters most to our customers as well as helps us to scale internally. We speak to customers regularly to understand their pain points, collect ideas, and gather feedback on our product. We have the ambition to back our decisions with data, are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and measure our success through customer happiness and company growth.
- Build a deep understanding of our product and the customer journey, sometimes including technical details
- Develop a deep knowledge of how our operations and sales teams work, their objectives, and Forto's overall strategy
- Lead requirement gathering efforts, through consulting stakeholders, analyzing relevant data sources and conducting customer research
- Develop a product vision, roadmaps and epics. Determination of corner cases, always while considering user experience and the complexity of a solution
- Communicate the product requirements to the engineering team, assisting with open questions during design, implementation and QA
- Measure impact of product and engineering work by implementing and tracking key metrics
- Juggling of competing priorities on a daily basis, finding the right balance between short-term fixes and strategic tasks
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience working with engineers and building software products ideally in freight-forwarding
- Fast Learner: You learn quickly and strive to improve every day; you can adapt to a fast-growing organization with constantly changing requirements
- Passion Driver: You want to work on real-world problems that create an impact in our world; you work hard to build a great product and take ownership for delivering high-quality user experience
- Structure Hero: Structuring complex requirements in tables, charts, workflows, or formulas comes natural to you; you have the ambition and skills to simplify even the most complex problems
- Tech Lover: You Understand complex digital products and don’t shy away from a technical conversation with engineers and customers
- English language fluency, plus German language fluency is a plus
- Previous B2B product experience would be beneficial
Why Us - You can look forward to
- Personal & Professional Development: Through strong ownership from the first day you will experience a steep learning curve, grow on a professional level and take the next steps to being an Expert or People Lead.
- Impact: We are leading the digital transformation of a whole industry and share a high awareness for environmental issues on all levels especially supported by our management.
- Team: Join a team of over 30 nationalities and different backgrounds from Tech, Logistics, Business and more. What really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity.
- Working culture: Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
Culture: Check out our video to see what it is like to work at Forto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4A7kaUaN4w
At Forto, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, support them and cultivate them to the benefit of our employees, products and our communities.