Senior Backend Engineer - Rails
At FortressIQ we’re developing process cognition technologies that understand how businesses operate. We’re improving people’s work lives by helping to automate routine tasks, allowing them to focus on higher value work and more meaningful interactions. We’re applying the latest advances in computer vision and machine learning to deliver the insights and tools businesses need to empower the digital workforce.
We’ve built the first AI platform that can understand a company’s workflows through simple observation, dramatically improving their organizational understanding. If you’re interested in designing and building a new category of business tools, and radically improving operations for some of the largest companies in the world, join us.
What You'll Accomplish:
We’re looking for a Rails focused Backend software engineer who thrives on dealing with large amounts of data on the back end (via services in mostly in Ruby with some Python and Golang).
In this role you’ll join a small team building new, creative solutions to unsolved enterprise software problems, and participate in product exploration as we determine our long-term and short-term roadmap.
- 5+ years of Rails back end engineering experience
- 3+ years experience with Golang (or another statically typed language)
- Architectural and operational experience with large data stores (e.g. SQL, noSQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience working with data stores containing tens or hundreds of millions of records. The more the better
- A methodical mindsetUnit testing + functional testing = complete
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a determination to deliver the best possible solution
- A driving desire to automate everything
- Experience with web scale applications
- Computer science degree
- DevOps experience, preferably with Kubernetes
- Performance tuning experience with Postgres
FortressIQ defines security, insights and governance in enterprise business automation and AI. Based in San Francisco, and backed by Lightspeed Ventures and some of the other best names in venture capital, we’re building the defining platform for managing automation within the Global 2000.
We believe that algorithms and bots work best when they’re managed like employees: given the tools they need to succeed while being held to clear standards of success. Our mission is to help this new ‘digital workforce’ thrive within the enterprise by addressing the security, compliance and data problems endemic to using today’s automation platforms at scale.