Senior Data Scientist - Computer Vision
San Francisco Bay Area /
Data Science /
At FortressIQ we’re developing process cognition technologies that understand how businesses operate. We’re improving people’s work lives by helping to automate routine tasks, allowing them to focus on higher value work and more meaningful interactions. We’re applying the latest advances in computer vision and machine learning to deliver the insights and tools businesses need to empower the digital workforce.
We’ve built the first AI platform that can understand a company’s workflows through simple observation, dramatically improving their organizational understanding. If you’re interested in designing and building a new category of business tools, and radically improving operations for some of the largest companies in the world, join us.
What You'll Accomplish:
The ideal candidate will be primarily involved in the research, design and implementation of deep learning solutions that are critical to our company's success. These projects will span multiple domains applicable to deep learning including image and text analysis.
This is the perfect opportunity to join an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and clients.
- 5+ years of experience in deep learning, specifically in areas of Bayesian networks, Probabilistic graphical models, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Markov Decision Process (partial observability or POMDP, learning automata and Q-learning), Deep Convolutional Neural Nets, RNN/LSTM
- Experience with driving high level algorithm decisions ensuring fast and accurate machine learning in different applications
- Experience with implementing object classification and detection making use of cutting-edge deep learning techniques for computer vision such as Faster-RCNN, Mask-RCNN, and edge AI (MobileNet, SqueezeNet, YOLO)
- Experience with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, AI or related field
- Excited to experiment with new technologies and approaches
- Enjoy collaboration and success in small, high-velocity teams
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Attention to detail, bordering on obsessive
- A desire to automate everything
- Experience in Anomaly and Cycle detection
- Experience with OpenCV, Tensorflow Serving, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Have a strong academic background with prominent research that’s been recognized at leading conferences and journals. (CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, ICML, NIPS)
FortressIQ defines security, insights and governance in enterprise business automation and AI. Based in San Francisco, and backed by Lightspeed Ventures and some of the other best names in venture capital, we’re building the defining platform for managing automation within the Global 2000.
We believe that algorithms and bots work best when they’re managed like employees: given the tools they need to succeed while being held to clear standards of success. Our mission is to help this new ‘digital workforce’ thrive within the enterprise by addressing the security, compliance and data problems endemic to using today’s automation platforms at scale.