Director, Field & Partner Marketing
At FortressIQ we’re developing process cognition technologies that understand how businesses operate. We’re improving people’s work lives by helping to automate routine tasks, allowing them to focus on higher value work and more meaningful interactions. We’re applying the latest advances in computer vision and machine learning to deliver the insights and tools businesses need to empower the digital workforce.
We’ve built the first AI platform that can understand a company’s workflows through simple observation, dramatically improving their organizational understanding. If you’re interested in designing and building a new category of business tools, and radically improving operations for some of the largest companies in the world, join us.
FortressIQ is seeking a high-energy, hands-on Director, Field and Partner Marketing, who will be focused on marketing/lead generation campaigns to drive new customer acquisition and share of wallet increases with existing customers, marketing to and with our technology and implementation partners, coordination of events and conferences, and communications and support for our field team.
This position requires an execution-focused team player, who is able to think strategically and manage tactical detail, is both creative and analytical, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will craft field marketing strategies that raise awareness of FortressIQ, build momentum with partners, and generate sales leads. This person will be a key member of the marketing team, but also work very closely with our sales, sales engineering, channel sales, and business development teams to support their efforts with customers, prospects and partners.
What You'll Accomplish
- Design and execute lead generation efforts
- Support sales team in activities to generate and accelerate pipeline
- Own marketing/lead generation campaigns to drive customer and partner acquisition and share of wallet with existing customers and partners
- Serve as the primary marketing liaison with Sales
- Conceptualize, develop and execute compelling field marketing programs to be coordinated through the sales team
- Execute and manage field events (regional one-day events, tradeshows, conferences, etc.), including logistics, budgeting, content development, scheduling, creative themes and social media strategies
- Investigate and identify events and conferences relevant to the FortressIQ target market
- Ensure event goals and lead acquisition strategies are aligned with sales objectives and messaging and graphics are consistent with the FortressIQ brand
- Track event results and metrics to measure success and investment, optimizing programs as needed. Metrics to include are ROI of programs, acceleration of deals, and expansion of existing accounts to name a few.
- Coordinate and execute pre and post-event communications to target audience
- Work with marketing and sales to ensure leads are properly entered, routed, marketing nurtured and followed up on in a timely manner
What You'll Need
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, or like concentration
- 15+ years of experience in enterprise sales or marketing for technology companies
- Self-directed, proactive, and enthusiastic; drives the process of setting and executing on own goals
- Experience managing and driving results with outside vendors/agencies
- Demonstrated success in driving results and managing marketing activities
- Ability to take project ownership and manage processes and activities
- Meet deadlines efficiently with a high quality work product
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work with diverse teams to support goals
- Ability to initiate and monitor several simultaneous projects
- Ability to think critically and make necessary, independent decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Marketo, Pardot
FortressIQ defines security, insights and governance in enterprise business automation and AI. Based in San Francisco, and backed by Lightspeed Ventures and some of the other best names in venture capital, we’re building the defining platform for managing automation within the Global 2000.
We believe that algorithms and bots work best when they’re managed like employees: given the tools they need to succeed while being held to clear standards of success. Our mission is to help this new ‘digital workforce’ thrive within the enterprise by addressing the security, compliance and data problems endemic to using today’s automation platforms at scale.