Director of Finance
San Francisco Bay Area
At FortressIQ we’re developing process cognition technologies that understand how businesses operate. We’re improving people’s work lives by helping to automate routine tasks, allowing them to focus on higher value work and more meaningful interactions. We’re applying the latest advances in computer vision and machine learning to deliver the insights and tools businesses need to empower the digital workforce.
We’ve built the first AI platform that can understand a company’s workflows through simple observation, dramatically improving their organizational understanding. If you’re interested in designing and building a new category of business tools, and radically improving operations for some of the largest companies in the world, join us.
We’re looking for our first Director of Finance to join our leadership team and partner with senior leadership to lead the company’s finance function. You will play a key role in our continued growth and lead us through strategic financial planning and risk assessment including monthly reviews, forecasts, and annual budget. As our Director of Finance, you will collaborate with our executive team to advise on all financial matters from compensation to pricing strategy to help scale FortressIQ effectively and responsibly. You’ll eventually build and lead an accounting and finance team as the business grows and scales.
What You'll Accomplish
- Serve as a primary finance partner and own end-to-end financial planning and manage the full P&L
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance investigation, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Identify and guide cross-functional initiatives to improve process, systems and automation to help the business scale
- Work closely with the leadership team to build the financial infrastructure to support the company’s current and future business requirements
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related field
- 5-7+ years of corporate finance experience ideally at an enterprise software company
- Directly applicable experience of time spent in FP&A within a top technology and/or enterprise software company managing full P&L
- Superb analytical/quantitative and communication skills and exceptional executive presence
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of enterprise software and B2B SaaS business metrics and models
- Solid knowledge of the P&L and GAAP principles
- Expert in financial modeling skills (building complex financial models for valuation, forecasting or pricing strategies)
- CPA/CMA is not required, but is a nice-to-have
- MBA from a top tier school is preferred
- Experience scaling a rapidly growing startup
FortressIQ defines security, insights and governance in enterprise business automation and AI. Based in San Francisco, and backed by Lightspeed Ventures and some of the other best names in venture capital, we’re building the defining platform for managing automation within the Global 2000.
We believe that algorithms and bots work best when they’re managed like employees: given the tools they need to succeed while being held to clear standards of success. Our mission is to help this new ‘digital workforce’ thrive within the enterprise by addressing the security, compliance and data problems endemic to using today’s automation platforms at scale.