Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area
At FortressIQ we’re building cutting-edge process cognition technology to improve people’s work lives, by helping automate routine tasks, and allowing them to focus on higher value work and more meaningful interactions. Based on the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, we’re delivering the tools businesses need to quickly and effectively empower the digital workforce on an enterprise scale.
We’ve built the first AI platform that can understand a company’s workflows through simple observation, radically improving their organizational understanding. Our work encompasses the fields of enterprise software, cloud computing, computer vision, automation and AI—if you’re interested in defining and building the future of large-scale enterprise business tools, join us.
We’re looking for an experienced Python developer to help transform our data science code into production-quality software. You’ll partner with our data science team to understand their machine learning algorithms, then work with the rest of engineering to plan and build commercial-grade components that can run at scale. You’ll also own the design and creation of a full data pipeline and model-experimentation framework, empowering the data science team to build, refine and test new machine learning models in a more production-ready environment.
- 3+ years experience writing production-quality Python code
- Experience with Python performance optimization techniques and multithreading
- Experience deploying, running and scaling models in production environments, ideally with Tensorflow Serving
- Experience with data processing frameworks like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka etc
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- Degree in CS, math, physics or similar quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience scaling with TensorFlow Serving
- Experience with machine learning platforms and pipelines like Michelangelo, Bighead, Kubeflow, Airflow, Luigi, etc
- Experience with machine learning frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc
- Experience building a model experimentation frameworkKnowledge of computer vision concepts
- Fluency in R
- Experience in an early stage startup
FortressIQ defines security, insights and governance in enterprise business automation and AI. Venture-backed and based in San Francisco, we’re building the defining platform for managing automation within the Global 2000.
We believe that algorithms and bots work best when they’re managed like employees: given the tools they need to succeed while being held to clear standards of success. Our mission is to help this new ‘digital workforce’ thrive within the enterprise by addressing the security, compliance and data problems endemic to using today’s automation platforms at scale.