Front End Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Nearly a quarter of your life will be spent in retirement. Yet, most Americans are not preparing for it. In fact, there is a $4 trillion retirement gap. This means millions of Americans are going to find themselves one day without income, and without many options. We’re here to fix this. We do so by making saving easier, simple, and fun. We’re looking for a mission-driven front end engineer to help us give all Americans a brighter financial future.
You’ll be joining a diverse engineering team in the heart of San Francisco. We believe that everyone brings a new perspective based on their background and context, and we care deeply about building an inclusive, empathetic place to work. Our mission is important, and we undertake our work with care and a sense of responsibility. Although we’ve raised a Series B, we’re also still small: you’ll be helping to build a culture that will help us all to succeed together.
- Own the frontend systems underlying the ForUsAll participant experience
- Oversee design and maintenance of frontend architecture using React and Redux
- Collaborate with backend engineering, product, and design teams to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with API endpoints
Here’s what we need:
- You’re creative, flexible, and curious
- 1+ years experience coding in ES7 with React and Redux
- Experience with Webpack and Babel
- Experience with SASS
- Experience with writing unit tests, monitoring code coverage, and linting your code
- Experience delivering a high-quality product as an individual contributor as part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment
For bonus points, you:
- Are passionate about web standards
- Are comfortable with Storybook and Styled Components
- Can read and write Ruby on Rails
We’re ForUsAll, a San Francisco-based financial technology shop that’s expanding hard-working Americans’ access to 401(k) plans. We’re helping the underserved – and the dreadfully served – get good, honest retirement plans at work. Founded by experts who transformed the 401(k) for Fortune 500 companies, we’re backed by prominent venture capital and financial technology veterans who share our vision of bringing that expertise to small and mid-size companies. By leveraging that expertise, we’ve reimagined the 401(k) from the ground up, removing much of the administrative workload and compliance risk for employers. For employees, we’ve replaced alienating jargon with plain English and added a user experience that’s worth, well, experiencing. And, all of this for less than half the typical cost. Our mission is simple: to fix what’s broken about retirement in America, so that everyone has a fair shot at a brighter financial future.