Ruby on Rails Engineer
San Francisco, CA (Remote) /
We’re living in unprecedented times. More than ever, Americans need help with financial wellness: both to prepare for retirement, and to deal with the challenges of today. We’re here to help fix this. We do so by helping all Americans - not just the wealthy - build a brighter financial future.
We’re looking for a mission-driven Ruby on Rails engineer to help us devise and build products that help people save and navigate their financial realities.
-Be involved in every aspect of back-end development
-Contribute to the back-end systems that integrate with our partners
-Contribute to our API endpoints, collaborating with our engineers, product, and design teams to spec, write, test, and deploy code
Here’s what we need:
- You’re creative, flexible, and curious
- 5+ years of back-end development experience
- 3+ years experience coding in Ruby on Rails
- Experience coding with SQL back-ends, including Postgres
- Experience with writing unit tests, monitoring code coverage, and linting your code
- Experience with transactional email systems (eg Mandrill)
- Experience delivering a high-quality product as an individual contributor as part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
For bonus points, you:
- Are passionate about web standards
- Are comfortable with OAuth and API design
- Have experience with data analysis and presenting insights from structured data (eg using pandas, datasette, or similar analysis tools)
You’ll be joining a diverse engineering team that is normally based in downtown San Francisco but is now working remotely. We believe that everyone brings a new perspective based on their background and context, and we care deeply about building an inclusive, empathetic culture. Our mission is important, and we undertake our work with care and a sense of responsibility.
We’re ForUsAll, a San Francisco-based startup with a simple mission: to fix what’s broken about savings in America, so that everyone has a fair shot at a brighter financial future. We started by helping the underserved get good, honest retirement plans at work. Now we’re building on that success to help all Americans build financial wellness at every stage of their lives.