PR Manager/Head of PR (depending on experience)
We are Forward Partners, and we are more than just a VC.
Forward Partners is an £81m venture capital fund, investing in tech startups at the earliest stages. We were established in 2013 by our Managing Partner, Nic Brisbourne, and we are on a mission to make long-term investments that deliver outstanding returns, and to back the best pre-seed and seed stage founders, and businesses.
We are doing this by not only making brilliant investments, but by supporting our founders with world-class execution support at every step of their journey. From Product Development, to Growth, to Design, to PR to Talent, our team of experts help our founders achieve their goals quicker, better and in a more cost effective way.
We are looking for a Front-End Developer to join the FP team. As part of our execution support function, the Front-End Developer will work with all our idea stage (pre-seed) companies based in the room with us, as well as supporting our wider portfolio of seed stage companies. We're looking for an experienced, mid-level developer and someone who loves startups! Please read on to find out more.
What You'll be Doing
- Providing Forward Partners and our portfolio companies with effective, savvy, brand-aligned PR and communications opportunities
- Proactively promoting Forward Partners' current and future external perception
- Developing and managing a comprehensive public relations program that effectively supports and communicates Forward Partners’ business objectives
- You'll pursue the full scope of PR and communications opportunities for driving office hours applications to Forward Partners
- You'll be brilliant at sourcing suitable opportunities for coverage and exposure for Forward Partners and our team
- Develop and manage a comprehensive public relations schedule for pre-seed companies in the room with us, and the full portfolio of seed stage startups
- Deliver a ‘tier one’ brand perception through all PR activities; enhancing Forward Partners perception within the venture capital and technology startup ecosystems
- You'll have strong interviewing skill
- You'll have a reliable and insightful instinct for spotting PR opportunities
- You'll have a brilliant ability to motivate and inspire others; ensuring PR processes are followed and the best possible outcomes achieved
- You will ideally have experience managing PR opportunities and landing awesome exposure for a range of businesses in a variety of sectors
- You will love tech, love startups and love generating PR about both!
Forward Partners have helped some incredible companies including Appear Here, Thread, Wonderbly (LostMyName), Big Health, Live Better With, Patch and Spoke.
We have a portfolio of over 50 companies and that continues to grow. Many of our portfolio companies appear in the Startups 100 list and go on to raise millions. We are immensely proud to think that our work helped make that happen. We’re based in the heart of the UK tech scene Forward Partners’ offices are a few minutes walk from Old Street roundabout. We have four core values; to work with Skill & Pace, to make Big Leaps & Constant Improvements, to Enjoy The Journey, and to communicate Honest Opinions, Constructively Shared.
We hold ourselves to these four values and recognise each other’s work and contribution every day. We give each other bonuses, we display our great work on TV's around the office (permanently) and we have a great culture. Our office is open plan and bright, with free food and drinks and a garden complete with BBQ. Our social calendars include team lunches and monthly socials - and some of the best Christmas parties around!