Lead Developer - RoomLab
RoomLab was founded in 2017 by interior designer Suzann Bozorgi, with a mission of helping everyone create a home that they love to live in. We are achieving this by taking the process online, where our specialist Interior Designers curate for each customer a bespoke style-led furniture package at an accessible price point in an easy (and really fun) way.
RoomLab are currently based in a light, bright, and collaborative working space at the offices of our incredible venture capital investors, Forward Partners - just off Old Street roundabout and in the hub of all things tech.
You’ll be joining as the company’s first technical hire. This is an awesome opportunity for a highly-motivated, qualified and ambitious developer who is looking for an opportunity to move into an autonomous role at a much earlier stage of their career than a traditional path would provide.
We are looking for someone excited by an opportunity to have a huge impact at an early stage tech startup; to handle with full autonomy day-to-day technical requirements as well as informing product roadmap and future technical goals, solving new challenges as they present themselves.
We’re very much looking for a Lead Developer who in time will hopefully progress to being RoomLab’s CTO.
You will work closely with the rest of the RoomLab team to build and scope the future of this exciting tech startup journey; RoomLab has ambitious plans and will become a household name.
RoomLab work in a dynamic office, incubated in a ‘startup studio’ environment alongside five other tech startups; we have unrivalled access to a broader team of experts in their field, with whom we work to effectively scale the company. You will have an incredible opportunity to work with and learn from Forward Partners’ Investment, Product and Operations team on a daily basis.
We are looking for a passionate, smart person who wants to be part of the energy, speed and general great vibes of this growing team, and someone who can make big decisions with skill and agility.
- You’ll have solid, established and confident back end development experience
- You’ll ideally have strong DevOps experience and the skill to support RoomLab’s ongoing automation and integration goals
- You’ll ideally have some front end skill
- You’ll be excited about joining an early-stage company and working hard to make an impact
- You will be a future leader, motivated to learn and grow into a CTO role
- You will have a good sense of humour, with the right balance of easy-going personality and incredibly strong work ethic; you’ll be happy and motivated to get stuck in, pushing the needle for the business at every opportunity.
- RoomLab’s leadership don’t believe in micro-management so you’ll be a self-starter who loves to own their responsibilities.
Knowledge & Skill
- Experience in web application development using Python and the Django framework
- Experience in relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL
- Experience in front-end frameworks such as React
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, well-tested, readable and reusable code
- Understanding of software development practices such as agile development, testing and peer reviewing.
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organisational and time management skills; ability to manage workload and effectively allocate appropriate time to a range of tasks
- Project management and communication skills; ability to deliver efficient, well-planned and effective processes
Our Technology Stack
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience with the Saleor e-commerce store-front
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
At RoomLab we believe in being approachable, happy, driven, and unprecious in your work and in your life. We are a great place to work and a great place to grow. We love our jobs and we love coming to work; we never get the Sunday blues.
We’re really looking forward to hearing from you!
Axa PPP + family
You will be awarded points in the relevant Fund's carried interest scheme
All the snacks and drinks you could wish for; including many healthy options. Just help yourself!
Every FP-er receives a £500 annual budget to spend via Sunlight, our partner for ordering books, courses and pretty much anything you could wish for!
The company contributes 5% of your base salary into a pension plan. You may contribute as much of your salary as you wish into the pension.
Team Socials and Lunches
We have frequent and excellent team socials, to which you and are your significant other are invited to join. In addition, we regularly go for lunch as a team.