Lead Developer (Future CTO) - nSpireMe
About the opportunity:
Founded by Conductor and Music Entrepreneur Stuart Barr, nSpireMe are a startup working at the cutting edge of technology to unlock musical potential.
nSpireMe has successfully developed an MVP web application and an iPad app that helps children with their practice by listening to their practice, and giving objective feedback on their pitch and rhythm in a nurturing fashion. Our customers are teachers and parents, who use our cutting-edge technology to revolutionise the traditional music tuition path.
We are looking for an experienced developer, who is excited to grow quickly with nSpireMe, into a CTO role. We are looking for someone to lead technical decision making and strategy, working closely with nSpireMe’s founder and CEO Stuart, to build and manage all technology for nSpireMe’s products, and iterate like crazy!
nSpireMe work in a dynamic office, incubated in the ‘startup studio’ environment of the investor Forward Partners. Alongside other game-changing tech startups, you would work alongside Stuart, and Forward Partners’ team covering product, design, UX, marketing & growth, PR and talent.
About the role:
- Full remit for managing all nSpireMe’s back-end development and infrastructure
- Managing front-end and mobile via nSpireMe’s network of outsourced/contract support
- Work with the Forward Partners digital product team and our 3rd party licenced music analysis partners
- Helping Stuart to grow nSpireMe; contributing as Tech Leader, supporting the business with additional funding rounds, visualising and communicating nSpireMe’s technical strategy and hiring a tech team
- You will be an experienced Senior Developer who is able to hit the ground running as a budding CTO
- You’ll also ideally be excited by the opportunity to drive pioneering R&D in emerging technologies, helping us become market leaders
- You will have experience in a similar tech stack;
- ...the current technology platform operates on a world class, highly scalable python-oriented stack, setup by the Forward Partners technical team. Continuous integration and deployment processes are already in place, allowing us to continuously deliver value to our customers. The technologies currently in use include: Python, Django, GraphQL, React Native, PostgreSQL, Redis, Celery, React, MobX, Webpack. We evaluate different languages and frameworks for new services and as part of our R&D.
- You will be experienced working with agile development techniques that put the customer first
- You’ll ideally have experience in a high growth startup You’ll be passionate about emerging tech, in particular AI
- You will be motivated to take an iterative approach; you will have ideas and initiatives and you will be keen to test to them
- You will be motivated to work in small, early stage business and to lead the technology function of a busy, ambitious MusicTech startup
- You will be passionate about building great websites and apps, that children will love to use, and parents and teachers will value Desirable: You will have some knowledge of music - perhaps you learned an instrument
We are looking for a curious and ambitious person who is excited to be hands-on and highly visible in this small, start-up environment. You need to be a self-starter and motivated by the challenges of growing an early stage technology company, and looking to join a small ambitious VC-backed organisation with the rewards and fulfilment that come with getting in early.
Axa PPP + family
You will be awarded points in the relevant Fund's carried interest scheme
All the snacks and drinks you could wish for; including many healthy options. Just help yourself!
Every FP-er receives a £500 annual budget to spend via Sunlight, our partner for ordering books, courses and pretty much anything you could wish for!
The company contributes 5% of your base salary into a pension plan. You may contribute as much of your salary as you wish into the pension.
Team Socials and Lunches
We have frequent and excellent team socials, to which you and are your significant other are invited to join. In addition, we regularly go for lunch as a team.