Customer Support Assistant - RoomLab
Marketing / Executive
This is an awesome opportunity for a highly-motivated, organised, and ambitious person who is passionate about customer experience and building relationships, has a really keen eye for detail and loves to learn new things. You will have an infectious personality and be a relentless problem-solver. You’ll love creating following processes and you’ll have an innate ability to see two moves ahead. People enjoy speaking with you and working with you. You’ll welcome feedback and direction but you’re not afraid to respectfully challenge the system if you suspect that there’s a better way.
You will relish the opportunity to methodically work your way through what can sometimes be a long list of customer tasks - productivity is a motivator for you. You’ll be able to maintain records, identify important data and trends and work closely with RoomLab’s leadership team to ensure that the end goal of every decision is pushing RoomLab’s relationships forward.
You will work closely with a brilliant team to build your skills and, as the company grows, you will very tangibly grow with it. You will be a high-impact person who is excited about being part of an early stage startup journey; RoomLab has ambitious plans and will become a household name.
RoomLab work in a dynamic office, in a ‘startup studio’ environment alongside five other tech startups; we have unrivalled access to a broader team of experts in their field, with whom we work to effectively scale the company. In this role, you will have an incredible opportunity to work with and learn from Forward Partners’ Head of PR and Communications, Head of Growth and an incredible Operations team to hone your customer success knowledge and skill.
We are looking for a passionate, smart person who wants to be part of the energy, speed and general great vibes of this growing team, and who is proud to say they work at RoomLab. In your first 12 months you will have learned more than you thought possible, but as an overview, your core responsibilities will be:
- Providing excellent levels of support for our valued customers; you’ll manage our customer instant messaging system and direct messaging services, ensuring best-in-class time to respond and constantly improving our FAQs
- Providing general support to RoomLab’s Customer Success Manager, ensuring the best possible customer experience
- Creating customer profiles in our design platform and inputting customer data into RoomLab’s CRM system
- Ordering furniture for customers and liaising with the accountants to prepare and pay invoices
- Monitoring customer deliveries and returns and following the process through to its conclusion
- Generating discount codes and tracking offers
- Running a daily check of the RoomLab website to make sure it’s live and daily check of social media channels for any messages
- Collating our Designers’ invoices and sharing them with the book-keeper, being a point-of-contact for Designer payments
- Sending feedback requests to customers after project completion and compiling customer review data
- Monitoring the suppliers to provide trend information as well as collaborating with the designers to onboard new ones
- Setting up designer email accounts and contracts
- Admin support for the CEO and COO: day-to-day administrative tasks such as room bookings, travel arrangements, monitoring the trade press and preparing a weekly run-down, taking meeting minutes from the product and growth meetings and tracking actions, monitoring the team Trello to ensure ‘must-do’ tasks are completed
- This role would suit a productivity fanatic, someone excited to provide efficient service to our customers - life moves quickly at RoomLab and we get through a lot in a day
- You’ll ideally have some experience in a customer-facing role, where you have been visible, friendly, and focused
- You’ll be supremely organised and able to maintain your composure when juggling many tasks
- You will not ‘cope in a changeable landscape’ you’ll thrive in one! You love being busy
- Ideally you’ll have a strong personal interest in interior/spatial design and/or DIY
- You will have a love of consumer-facing technology products, and an appreciation of customer journeys would be an advantage
- You’ll be innately entrepreneurial; maybe in the future you’d love to run your own business
- You’ll be excited about joining an early-stage company and working hard to make an impact, in a highly visible role
- You’ll be confident speaking to people on the phone and via email, and for the first time. The thought of walking into a room of strangers and networking fills you with excitement - not fear!
- You are excited about the opportunity to work closely with the Leadership Team
- You will have a good sense of humour, be easy-going yet mature and incredibly hard-working
RoomLab was founded in 2017 by interior designer Suzann Bozorgi; with a mission of bringing great interior design to everyone. We are achieving this by taking interior design online and providing customers with leading design services at an accessible price-point. RoomLab is a web-based platform that connects our curated network of talented interior designers with customers, allowing them to create bespoke designs for their homes in an easy (and really fun) way.
RoomLab are currently based in a light, bright, and collaborative working space at the offices of our incredible venture capital investors, Forward Partners - just off Old Street roundabout and in the hub of all things tech.
At RoomLab we believe in being approachable, happy, driven, and unprecious in your work and in your life. We are a great place to work and a great place to grow. We love our jobs and we love coming to work; we never get the Sunday blues.
We are really looking forward to hearing from you!