Our next Investment Associate program will begin in Q1 2019.
Interviews will commence closer to the time, however if you would like to be considered for our next program, please read more here and don't hesitate to send across your CV and cover letter.
The Forward Partners team.
Based near Old Street, London, Forward Partners is a startup platform combining venture capital with executional support; we provide practical, hands-on expertise and insight.
Our funding model is different to that of our competitors. We make larger initial seed investments and work closer with the founders to help ensure their success. Our team of start-up experts have the tools, tricks and experience to enable entrepreneurs to rapidly and securely grow their companies. We go further than advice and mentoring, we roll our sleeves up and get involved. Our support spans customer development, coding, design, customer acquisition, recruitment and fundraising.
Companies we’ve helped include: Zopa, Appear Here, Lexoo, LostMyName, Thread, Drover & SPOKE.
The deals we make are early stage and we offer a unique opportunity to solo founders. We work with our entrepreneurs to help them shape their ideas, find product market fit quickly and rapidly gain traction.
About the role
You may be either pre, mid or post-MBA, or perhaps currently working in a tech startup. Whatever the case, you will be highly motivated to build a career in VC!
The Associate program is an opportunity to work directly with our small, close-knit team to source and evaluate potential deals.
You will get exposure to managing the structure and negotiation of new deals as well as helping to on-board our new founders. You’ll be involved at all stages of the process from contracts to completion and continue to offer advice as our startups grow. You’ll perform due diligence such as customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research, competitive analysis and ultimately forming a viewpoint on the investment opportunity. In short, you’ll be a member of the investment team, through-and-through.
We want you to be venturesome in discovering exciting fledgling companies.
- You’ll be a brilliant relationship-builder, passionate and confident. We are looking for a fantastic communicator, able to consistently strike the right balance of friendly professionalism - in spoken, and written English. You’ll be a hard-worker.
- We’re looking for someone who has or will proactively build their knowledge of the London startup scene. The role will include participating in events where you’ll represent Forward Partners and continue to build a network of collaborators and partners.
- You will be passionate about startups and will have some experience with exposure to technology, for instance, with a venture capital company, a startup, leading tech company, management consultancy or investment bank.
- An excellent academic record is crucial; you’ll be financially literate with strong analytical abilities.
- You should identify with our core values;
- Skill & PaceBig Leaps & Constant ImprovementEnjoy the Journey Honest Opinion, Shared Constructively.
- Crucially, you will use this opportunity as a springboard into a VC or into the ecosystem. We want to help people gain a foothold in UK Tech. The more passionate and knowledgeable you are about this, the greater your chances.
Previous Investment Associates
While we are unable to offer a full-time opportunity at Forward Partners following our Associate Program, we actively support those wishing to start a career in Venture Capital. We leverage our extensive network, facilitate introductions and give honest and actionable advice. Previous Investment Associates to date have gone on to full-time roles at institutional VC firms and pivotal positions at great startups and scale ups.