Senior Software Engineer (Python)
We’re looking for a software engineer who enjoys crafting amazing user experiences and is excited to be a part of building London's next wave of game-changing early stage tech startups.
Forward Partners is an £81m venture capital fund, investing in tech startups at the earliest stages.
We were established in 2013 by our Managing Partner, Nic Brisbourne, and we are on a mission to make long-term investments that deliver outstanding returns, and to back the best pre-seed and seed stage founders, and businesses. We are doing this by not only making brilliant investments, but by supporting our founders with world-class execution support at every step of their journey.
From Engineering to Growth, to Design, to PR to Talent, our team of experts help our founders achieve their goals quicker, better and in a more cost effective way.
- Work closely with the rest of the product team and build the next generation of startups.
- Work closely with the teams of our early-stage companies as a technical advisor and mentor.
- Collaborate with other developers, product managers and designers to build new consumer features.
- Adopt streamlined and lean processes working with skill and pace to deliver the most appropriate technical solutions.
- Continuously improve our technology stack, tools, and processes.
- Provide technical insights and advice to help inform our roadmap.
Knowledge & Skill
- Experience in web application development using Python and the Django framework
- Experience in relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience in front-end frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular
- Experience in front-end build systems such as Webpack, Grunt or Gulp
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud
- Experience with managing server infrastructure
- Familiarity with container technology such as Docker
- Passion for writing clean, modular, well-commented, well-tested, readable and reusable code
- Understanding of software development practices such as agile development, testing and peer reviewing.
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Experience with peer-to-peer networks or distributed systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organisational and time management skills; ability to manage workload and effectively allocate appropriate time to a range of tasks
- Project management and communication skills; ability to deliver efficient, well-planned and effective processes, and effectively manage founder relationships
Our Tech Stack:
- React Native
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience in the ELK stack
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Contribution to open source projects
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in technical project management