Office Manager - Forward Partners
We’re looking for an upbeat, organised and experienced Office Manager to join the Forward Partners team. We’re looking for someone to manage operations of our busy, collaborative office space and maintain a happy, healthy, comfortable working environment for Forward Partners and our portfolio companies.
Forward Partners is an £81m venture capital fund, investing in tech startups at the earliest stages.
We were established in 2013 by our Managing Partner, Nic Brisbourne, and we are on a mission to make long-term investments that deliver outstanding returns, and to back the best pre-seed and seed stage founders, and businesses. We are doing this by not only making brilliant investments, but by supporting our founders with world-class execution support at every step of their journey.
From Engineering to Growth, to Design, to PR to Talent, our team of experts help our founders achieve their goals quicker, better and in a more cost effective way.
- Forward Partners are a high-performance, ambitious team. Your core goal as Office Manager is to maintain the look, feel and functionality of a truly tier one brand
- A new office is a distinct possibility for Forward Partners in the near future; you’ll take the lead here and manage the move
- You’ll manage the Forward Partners reception and be an effective brand ambassador; meeting and greeting all guests and ensuring a positive first and lasting impression
- You’ll manage the upkeep of all Forward Partners property and office space, including equipment, meeting rooms (managing bookings within google calendars) as well as managing all relevant third-parties and suppliers (cleaner, gardener, landlord, security, lighting and heating etc)
- You’ll be our health & safety officer and fire compliance warden
- You’ll have autonomy to ensure the office is stocked with healthy, enjoyable food & drink and any other items that contribute to a great place to work for the Forward Partners team, our portfolio startups and visitors
- You’ll manage our Managing Partner’s diary including scheduling all meetings, lunches and work-related needs
- You’ll provide assistance and support to all members of the Forward Partners exec team, including meeting and workshop arrangement, expenses processing, and diary management as required
- Management of travel booking for Forward Partners’ team members Drafting of meeting minutes, and scheduling of formal meetings such as board meetings
People, Culture & Business Operations
- You’ll work closely with Forward Partners’ operations team and in particular support the CFO with business operations activities, for example supporting strategic planning
- You’ll work with Head of Talent & People Operations to support onboarding and offboarding of all Forward Partners employees
- You’ll facilitate the best possible onboarding and offboarding of all startups based with us in the Forward Partners offices
- You’ll keep current and continually look to expand the list of discounts Forward Partners has negotiated for our portfolio companies
- You’ll be responsible for designing and managing the Forward Partners social calendar, including team socials, lunches, offsites and the annual Christmas party
- You’ll manage venues, logistics, and refreshments for all Forward Partners events, internally and externally facing; including ownership of the All Hands weekly meeting, and enhancing our outwardly facing brand by creating well-run, fun and engaging events
- You’ll be the owner/admin for company software including a monthly audit of software and periodic rationalisation, and be responsible for our electronic compliance
- You’ll have existing experience in an Office Manager/EA/Operations role in a high-performance culture, with a strong brand identity
- You’ll get job satisfaction from creating seamless process and from things working well
- You’ll have an innate ability to preempt issues and solve problems them before they present themselves
- You’ll have impeccable relationship building skills; demonstrating strong emotional and social intelligence, and friendly, positive and influential communication skills
- You’ll be the most organised person you know! We’re looking for some who can manage multiple moving parts and processes demonstrating envy-enducing time management skills along the way
- You’ll embody the Forward Partners’ core values;
- You’ll consistently work with skill and pace; with a demonstrable ability to be agile and to strike the right balance
- You’ll be committed to driving your own constant improvement, as well as making big leaps; achieving long-term goals, hitting targets and delivering projects
- You’ll not only enjoy the journey, but be a core facilitator for enjoyment, fulfilment and happiness for the whole Forward Partners team
- You’ll demonstrate highly-skilled communication, and prioritise providing and receiving honest and constructive feedback
Axa PPP + family
All the snacks and drinks you could wish for; including many healthy options. Just help yourself!
Every FP-er receives a £500 annual budget to spend via Sunlight, our partner for ordering books, courses and pretty much anything you could wish for!
The company contributes 5% of your base salary into a pension plan. You may contribute as much of your salary as you wish into the pension.
Team Socials and Lunches
We have frequent and excellent team socials, to which you and are your significant other are invited to join. In addition, we regularly go for lunch as a team. We also have some of the best Christmas Party's around!