San Francisco, CA
FOSSA is arguably the hottest opportunity in the open-source software management world right now. We are looking to hire a Sales Engineer who can come in to support the growth in our enterprise market. This is a chance to help shape the strategic growth of a true game-changer with a highly differentiated product!
Since 2017, over 4000 open source projects (Kubernetes, Webpack, Terraform, ESLint) and companies (Twitter, Uber, Docker, Hashicorp) rely on FOSSA in their critical deployment paths to automate license compliance, vulnerability management, software inventory and more.
FOSSA has raised over $10MM and is backed by Bain Capital Ventures with affiliate angels including Marc Benioff (Salesforce), Steve Chen (YouTube), Amr Awadallah (Cloudera), Jaan Tallinn (Skype) and Justin Mateen (Tinder).
FOSSA is a fast growing venture-backed startup developing code analysis tools to help modern teams manage their open source dependencies.
We are looking for strategic, customer-focused, and result-driven individual to join our growing Sales Engineering team to partner with our Sales team to grow and expand our Enterprise accounts.
- The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Supporting our enterprise rep, you will be carrying out product demos and building business value cases with clients
- Manage complex sales engagements with touch points in Development, Legal, and Security.
- Engage new and existing accounts to identify and build relationships with champions and decision makers.
- Lead and execute on RFPs, RFIs, POCs, Demos etc.
- Think outside the box, and lead strategic initiatives to improve the customer experience with FOSSA
- Willing to travel onsite to visit customers for Sales engagements, conduct POC’s.
- Articulate and evangelize the Fossa solution with end users, top industry partners and key thought leaders
- Help build and be a part of an awesome culture.
What you will Need:
- Prior Sales Engineering experience selling software to Enterprise customers.
- Previous experience building solutions with Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Familiarity and practical experience with several of the development and devops tools like code repository, CI tools, package managers for ex. CloudBees, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Git, GitHub, GitLab, Artifactory, Bitbucket, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, XL Deploy, ElectricFlow Deploy, VersionOne, Jira, Ant, Maven, NuGet, Ansible, Docker, REST APIs, Bash, Python, Go
- Significant experience with Linux.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for learning new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems
- You have a start-up mentality - this is exciting but challenging in equal measure!
- Development experience a plus (scripting, application development, etc.).
- Experience selling technology solutions to Director and C-Level executives to SMB, mid-market, and Enterprise clients
FOSSA is a great place to learn, build, and grow alongside an incredible team working on challenging problems. Come help us build the future of open source!
FOSSA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.