Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
About the Company:
Open source is the software industry's most powerful feedback loop, and FOSSA's mission is to ensure it can be used effectively at any scale. With a first-in-class compliance and security platform, FOSSA enables enterprise teams to adopt open source confidently while maintaining the agility required to innovate.
Founded in 2015, FOSSA is based in San Fransisco with a growing remote presence across the continent. With over $10M in funding, we are backed by excellent investors like Bain Capital, Costanoa Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marc Benioff (CEO, SalesForce), Jaan Tallinn (CTO, Skype), and Steve Chen (CTO, YouTube).
About the Team:
Being an early stage organization, FOSSA's design team is still in its infancy. As we continue to grow, cultivating a strong design culture will be key to our product's differentiation and the success of the company. Coming on as an early member of this team, you'll have the opportunity to lead core initiatives and help shape the foundation upon which the entire design organization will be built.
About the Role:
We are looking for a senior product designer to take on creative control and ownership over all design projects at the company. This not only includes playing a key role in the development and experience of our core product, but also defining the company branding, look/feel and design language.
- You think at a high level about product strategy and vision — as an effective collaborator with the product team
- Obsess over the details and have a strong understanding of visual design
- Take broad, complicated problems and turn them into elegant, useful solutions for our customers
- Help create a robust design system and roll it out into our existing product and processes
- Work closely with the design, engineering, and product teams to oversee the user experience of a project from conception to launch
- Contribute to growing a strong design culture within our organization
- A broad, diverse portfolio of product design work and branding (please include link)
- Experience working as a design counterpart with engineering teams
- 5+ years of design work in a professional setting (Bonus if you have worked with Enterprise Software)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in design
FOSSA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.